- Bob Przybylo, Reporter, RecruitingNation
Every Thursday, SoonerNation releases the Sooner Intel, a sneak peek inside Oklahoma Sooners football recruiting with news and notes on the latest happenings around the program. Talk about it on our forum. A few things discussed in this week's update:
• OU's lone running back commit solidifies his commitment.
• What type of linebackers is Tim Kish looking for? We have an answer.
• An ESPN 150 wideout has the Sooner State on his mind.
• OU has offered a Chicago linebacker in the 2014 class. Is he interested?
• One of the state's best 2014 prospects almost committed during the summer. But to which school?
Read the Sooner Intel after the jump.
Ford comfortable with Gundy
Not always the most talkative OU commit, Cypress (Texas) Ranch running back Keith Ford wants everybody to know he is still fully committed to the Sooners.
Ford’s quiet attitude has led to some rumors being spread about him looking around. He said any rumors at this point do nothing but make him laugh.
“My mind is set on being a Sooner," he said. "Nobody can change that."
One big reason why is because of the relationship he has developed with running backs coach Cale Gundy. When Ford visited the campus in November, one thing that stood out was getting to meet Gundy’s family. He knew right then it was all about family, the Sooner family at OU. Nothing has changed since his first visit. And as Ford has talked more with Gundy, he sees something else in his future coach.
3dJake Trotter and Brandon Chatmon