Every Thursday, SoonerNation releases the Sooner Intel, a sneak peek inside Oklahoma Sooners football recruiting with news and notes on the latest happenings around the program. Talk about it on our forum. A few things discussed in this week's update:
• OU get its chance to host one of the nation's top quarterbacks
• One Texas defensive back almost committed to the Sooners at junior day
• Which part of junior day stood out most to visitors?
• 6-foot-10 offensive tackle hopes for an OU offer
• The state's top player in 2014 has an idea of which school he wants to attend
Read the Sooner Intel after the jump.
Browne visiting Oklahoma
Not everybody was thrilled with the outcome of Oklahoma’s second junior day. The Sooners earned one commitment in running back Keith Ford (Cypress, Texas/Ranch) and gave out just one offer in defensive tackle Justin Manning (Dallas/Kimball).
This weekend, however, is shaping up to be an interesting one for OU as well. It starts with a biggie as potential five-star quarterback Max Browne (Sammamish, Wash./Skyline) will arrive in Norman on Thursday night and stay until Sunday.
Browne, 6-foot-5 and 205 pounds, is regarded by many as the top quarterback in the 2013 class and was offered by OU last month.