Big 12's lunch links
- Texas' big picture is still blurry after the spring game, writes the San Antonio Express-News' Mike Finger. Boosting confidence and improving QB play are now the goals, according to the Dallas Morning News' Chuck Carlton.
- QB Tyrone Swoopes improved after a slow start in the scrimmage. The Dallas Morning News' Chris Hummer had five observations of the Horns’ spring game.
- Texas linebacker Steve Edmond’s disparaging comments over the weekend have fueled Baylor fire, writes the Waco Tribune-Herald's John Werner.
- Kansas State coach Bill Snyder is driving home a message of focus to his team this spring, reports the Topeka Capital-Journal's Ken Corbitt. The running back battle continues in Manhattan, Kan., according to the Kansas City Star's Kellis Robinett.
- Uprooted by Hurricane Katrina, Sam Carter has thrived at TCU, writes the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Stefan Stevenson.
- The need for speed is driving Iowa State defensive end Mitchell Meyers, the Ames Tribune's Bobby La Gesse details.
- Oklahoma's young, but talented receivers will get plenty of chances this fall, according to The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey. The Dallas Morning News' Alex Apple believes Sooners QB Trevor Knight is a Heisman sleeper. The Oklahoman's Ryan Aber explains how Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield grew up a Sooner fan growing up in Austin, Texas.
- Health is a big factor for the Oklahoma State offensive line, according to The Oklahoman's John Helsley. Cowboys DE Jimmy Bean is beginning to draw attention.
- West Virginia is trying to reverse two years of dreadful pass defense, writes the West Virginia MetroNews Network's Allan Taylor.
- Right or wrong, quarterback exits present an image issue for Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury, in the opinion of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal's Don Williams, who also looks at all the QBs who have left Tech over the years.
Oklahoma Sooners, Texas Longhorns, Big 12, Baylor Bears, Iowa State Cyclones, Kansas State Wildcats, Oklahoma State Cowboys, Texas Tech Red Raiders, TCU Horned Frogs, West Virginia Mountaineers, Oklahoma Sooners, Texas Longhorns, TCU Horned Frogs, Baylor Bears, Texas Tech Red Raiders, Iowa State Cyclones, Oklahoma State Cowboys, Kansas State Wildcats, West Virginia Mountaineers
Big 12 Playoff Hopes Rest On One Game
SOONERNATION RECRUITING NEWS
OKLAHOMA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Gerald McCoy retweeted
- Oklahoma Football retweeted
- roy williams retweeted
- Brandon Chatmon retweeted