Big 12 lunchtime links
January, 10, 2014
By Jake Trotter | ESPN.com
The best movies of 2013. I've only seen one of these. Need to catch up during the offseason.
- Mark Mangino says the Iowa State offense is more of a "remodeling" project than a "rebuilding" one, according to the Des Moines Register's Tommy Birch. Mangino spent his time away from football examining his life, the Kansas City Star's Vahe Gregorian details in this profile of the new Cyclones offensive coordinator.
- New Iowa State running backs coach Louis Ayeni is excited to coach Aaron Wimberly and DeVondrick Nealy, writes the Ames Tribune's Bobby La Gesse. The Cyclones are losing offensive line coach Chris Klenakis, the Des Moines Register's Randy Peterson reports.
- Mega booster Red McCombs apologized for his criticism of new Texas coach Charlie Strong. McCombs told the Houston Chronicle's Mike Finger that he spoke with Strong over the phone to clear the air.
- Texas defensive end Cedric Reed, defensive back Quandre Diggs and running back Malcolm Brown all announced they will return for their senior seasons. The Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Jimmy Burch has the details.
- Are the Longhorns in danger of losing yet another recruit?
- Former Texas coach Mack Brown has become a tweeting machine. One of Brown's ex-QBs, Chris Simms, called Charlie Strong the perfect hire.
- Former Texas Tech quarterback Baker Mayfield still wants to transfer to Oklahoma. The Tulsa World's Eric Bailey has the details on his appeal to be eligible in Norman right away.
- The Red Raiders stole a cornerback commitment from Miami.
- The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell looks at three overlooked plays in Oklahoma State's loss to Missouri in the AT&T Cotton Bowl.
SOONERNATION RECRUITING NEWS
OKLAHOMA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Gerald McCoy retweeted
- Joe Castiglione retweeted
- Jake Trotter retweeted
- Big 12 Conference retweeted