Big 12 lunchtime links
December, 16, 2013
By Jake Trotter | ESPN.com
- Texas coach Mack Brown finally stepped down over the weekend, and held a press conference Sunday to explain why. Replacing Brown will be a tough act to follow according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, which also recaps the highs and lows of the Brown era. The Houston Chronicle looks back at his key games. Forbes examines the financial impact of Brown's tenure. The San Antonio's Express News' Tim Griffin tallies the Twitter support Brown received.
- The Dallas Morning News' Chuck Carlton writes the Longhorns face the most super-sized coaching search in college football history. USA TODAY's George Schroeder looks at who Brown's replacement might be. According to the Dallas Morning News' Kevin Sherrington, Stanford coach David Shaw should be at the top of Texas' list.
- After watching Auburn roll up 545 rushing yards on Missouri, Oklahoma State is likely to go run heavy in the AT&T Cotton Bowl, writes The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell. Cowboys QB Clint Chelf finally spoke, and the Tulsa World's Kelly Hines detailed what he had to say.
- The Horned Frogs have an interesting new QB coach, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Stefan Stevenson reports. TCU had a good recruiting weekend.
- Kliff Kingsbury said he didn't get many specifics on why QB Baker Mayfield wanted to transfer, according to the Dallas Morning News' Mike Graham.
- The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey offers up reasons why the Sooners can upset Alabama. Oklahoma had a junior-college tight end recommit.
- Baylor WR Tevin Reese got upgraded to probable over the weekend for the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, after suffering a dislocated wrist last month.
- Kansas State QB Jake Waters got better as the season wore on, writes the Topeka Capital-Journal's Ken Corbitt. WR Tyler Lockett and DB Ty Zimmerman were named team MVPs.
Spring Game Wrap-Up
Spring Game Wrap-Up
SOONERNATION RECRUITING NEWS
OKLAHOMA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Nike Men's Oklahoma Sooners Coaches Performance White Polo
2013 Big 12 STANDINGS
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
TBD North Dakota State Iowa State TBD Louisiana Tech Oklahoma TBD North Texas Texas TBD Stephen F. Austin Kansas State TBD Samford TCU TBD Central Arkansas Texas Tech 3:30 PM ET West Virginia Alabama 8:00 PM ET Florida State Oklahoma State