Big 12 lunchtime links
December, 9, 2013
By Brandon Chatmon | ESPN.com
- As a kid you watch these and that's where you want to be." Sounds like Baylor quarterback Bryce Petty can't wait to get to the Fiesta Bowl. John Werner of the Waco Tribune has the story.
- Baylor seems ready for the spotlight, writes Jimmy Burch of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Why did Mike Gundy rank Oklahoma State ahead of Oklahoma, just hours after the Sooners defeated his Cowboys 33-24 in Stillwater? The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell has Gundy's explanation. And OSU will have to shake off the disappointing Bedlam result and move forward. The Cowboys are set to face a familiar foe in the Cotton Bowl, The Oklahoman's John Helsley reports.
- Oklahoma overcame a lot to earn a Sugar Bowl berth, writes Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman.
- OU and OSU have an opportunity against SEC teams in their bowl games, writes John Klein of the Tulsa World.
- Texas will face Oregon in the Alamo Bowl. What does Mack Brown think? "These guys are like Baylor." Sounds like the Longhorns have their hands full, writes Mike Finger of the San Antonio Express-News.
- Texas Tech is excited to get a invitation to the Holiday Bowl in San Diego, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Kansas State ended up in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl after a crazy weekend of chaos, writes Ken Corbitt of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- This Iowa State recruit plans to compete for the Cyclones' starting quarterback spot right away, writes Tommy Birch of the Des Moines Register.
- Jayhawks coach Charlie Weis confirmed that he is turning the reins of the Kansas offense over to John Reagan, reports Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
Spring Game Wrap-Up
Spring Game Wrap-Up
SOONERNATION RECRUITING NEWS
OKLAHOMA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Nike Oklahoma Sooners Mini Rubber Football
2013 Big 12 STANDINGS
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
TBD North Dakota State Iowa State TBD Louisiana Tech Oklahoma TBD North Texas Texas TBD Stephen F. Austin Kansas State TBD Samford TCU TBD Central Arkansas Texas Tech 3:30 PM ET West Virginia Alabama 8:00 PM ET Florida State Oklahoma State