Big 12 lunchtime links
December, 9, 2013
By Brandon Chatmon | ESPN.com
- As a kid you watch these and that's where you want to be." Sounds like Baylor quarterback Bryce Petty can't wait to get to the Fiesta Bowl. John Werner of the Waco Tribune has the story.
- Baylor seems ready for the spotlight, writes Jimmy Burch of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Why did Mike Gundy rank Oklahoma State ahead of Oklahoma, just hours after the Sooners defeated his Cowboys 33-24 in Stillwater? The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell has Gundy's explanation. And OSU will have to shake off the disappointing Bedlam result and move forward. The Cowboys are set to face a familiar foe in the Cotton Bowl, The Oklahoman's John Helsley reports.
- Oklahoma overcame a lot to earn a Sugar Bowl berth, writes Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman.
- OU and OSU have an opportunity against SEC teams in their bowl games, writes John Klein of the Tulsa World.
- Texas will face Oregon in the Alamo Bowl. What does Mack Brown think? "These guys are like Baylor." Sounds like the Longhorns have their hands full, writes Mike Finger of the San Antonio Express-News.
- Texas Tech is excited to get a invitation to the Holiday Bowl in San Diego, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Kansas State ended up in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl after a crazy weekend of chaos, writes Ken Corbitt of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- This Iowa State recruit plans to compete for the Cyclones' starting quarterback spot right away, writes Tommy Birch of the Des Moines Register.
- Jayhawks coach Charlie Weis confirmed that he is turning the reins of the Kansas offense over to John Reagan, reports Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
Top Returning Players: Big 12
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35