Big 12 lunchtime links
November, 29, 2013
By Jake Trotter | ESPN.com
I ate a bunch of these Thursday:
- The Longhorns' body blows were too much for skidding Texas Tech, writes the Dallas Morning News' Chuck Carlton. The Red Raiders ended Kliff Kingbury's first season with a whimper, says the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal's Don Williams. Tech drove into Texas territory five times and managed only a field goal. Texas defensive end Jackson Jeffcoat improved his draft stock on in his final home game. Texas Tech's fake punt shocked everyone.
- With Missouri gone, Kansas is stressing its instate rivalry with Kansas State, according to the Topeka Capital-Journal's Jeff Deters. K-State defensive end Ryan Mueller has gone from bleeding blue to beating blue, writes the Wichita Eagle's Kellis Robinett. The paper breaks down the Sunflower Showdown position by position. The Kansas City Star also previews the game. Kansas' offensive line coach is stepping down.
- Iowa State is flying high heading into Morgantown, writes the Charleston Daily Mail's Mike Casazza, and is looking to end the season on a high note. Former Iowa State linebacker A.J. Klein tells the Des Moines Register's Bryce Miller that coach Paul Rhoads still has the trust of the team. The Cyclones have extended their series with instate foe Iowa. West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen is not looking to next season yet, according to the Charleston Gazette's Dave Hickman, but he is shouldering blame for the offensive struggles.
- Injuries are piling up for Baylor, writes the Waco Herald-Tribune's Brice Cherry. With the national title gone, Baylor will try to impress for a BCS at-large berth, the paper's John Werner says. Would TCU have been better off not moving to the Big 12? The Dallas Morning News' Tim Cowlishaw answers that question.
- Is this the golden era of Beldam football? The Tulsa World's Jimmie Tramel thinks so. Oklahoma State wide receiver Charlie Moore is quietly having a banner senior season, according to The Oklahoman's John Helsley. The World's Guerin Emig breaks down the Oklahoma backfield heading into Bedlam next weekend.
Sooners Score ESPN 300 DE From VA
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
7:06 3rd Qtr Miami (FL) 6 South Carolina 17 5:36 2nd Qtr Boston College 7 Penn State 7 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC Final Cincinnati 17 Virginia Tech 33 Final 15 Arizona State 36 Duke 31
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
Final Marshall 52 Northern Illinois 23 Final Navy 17 San Diego State 16
Final Central Michigan 48 Western Kentucky 49 Final Fresno State 6 Rice 30
Final Illinois 18 Louisiana Tech 35 Final Rutgers 40 North Carolina 21 Final North Carolina State 34 UCF 27
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State