Could this guy win the Heisman?
- The Dallas Morning News' Chuck Carlton cautions that seeking a replacement for Texas coach Mack Brown could be ill-advised. The Longhorns haven't given up on the Big 12 title. Texas Tech will be starting two true freshman DBs in Austin. Tech has rekindled discussions about building an indoor practice facility.
- The Topeka Capital-Journal's Ken Corbitt profiles record-setting Kansas State wide receiver Tyler Lockett, who has fulfilled his family legacy. Charlie Weis is sticking with Montell Cozart as his starting QB for the "Sunflower Showdown," the Lawrence Journal-World's Matt Tait reports.
- Oklahoma State showed TCU the way to stop Baylor's offense, in the opinion of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Stefan Stevenson. TCU coach Gary Patterson lauds the Baylor defense. The Dallas Morning News breaks down the past five Baylor-TCU games.
- Iowa State coach Paul Rhoads has a history with West Virginia, writes the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review's Bob Hertzel. Iowa State punter Kirby Van Der Kamp has gone from unknown to NFL prospect, according to the Des Moines Register's Tommy Birch. West Virginia QB Clint Trickett reveals he kept quiet about a concussion earlier this season against Kansas State.
- The Tulsa World's John E. Hoover explores how Oklahoma State QB Clint Chelf saved his season. The Cowboys' win over Baylor is paying off already on the recruiting trail. Oklahoma cornerback Aaron Colvin has been battling through pain, according to the Tulsa World's Eric Bailey. Most of the Sooners watched Oklahoma State's win over Baylor, and came away impressed.
Top Returning Players: Big 12
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35