Big 12 lunchtime links
November, 19, 2013
By Brandon Chatmon | ESPN.com
A look at the big plays in the Big 12 in Week 12.
- "When you're replacing your starters with true freshman, you're not where you need to be," said West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen regarding where the Mountaineers are in year two in the Big 12. Mike Casazza has the story for the Charleston Daily Mail.
- TCU coach Gary Patterson plans to use the Horned Frogs' bye week to get his younger players extra work.
- Winning on the road is the next goal for Charlie Weis' Kansas Jayhawks squad after finally snapping their conference losing streak. Jesse Newell of the Topeka Capital-Journal has the story.
- Iowa State isn't looking to the junior colleges to find its quarterback of the future, writes Tommy Birch of the Des Moines Register.
- If you don't like Kansas State coach Bill Snyder, well, then, that's unfortunate. Snyder's team slowed Baylor's offense mainly because they were assignment sound on defense.
- ISU coach Paul Rhoads was in a surprisingly good mood on Sunday, writes Bobby La Gesse of the Ames Tribune.
- Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy has high praise for Baylor's Bryce Petty and Clint Chelf evaluates his own decision, reports The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell.
- Oklahoma doesn't plan to name a starting quarterback this week, coach Bob Stoops sees no reason to tip his hand. The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey has the story.
- Art Briles has snapped several of ugly streaks during his time at Baylor. He hopes to do it again Saturday when BU travels to Stillwater, Okla., a place the Bears haven't won since 1939, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune.
- Texas Tech tight end Jace Amaro is in the running for the Biletnikoff and Mackey Awards, a unique feat, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Here are five things Texas fans should know heading into the Longhorns' bye week.
Top Returning Players: Big 12
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35