Big 12's lunch links
November, 18, 2013
By Brandon Chatmon | ESPN.com
In case you missed it, this is a must see. Gotta love it when people go above and beyond to make others' dreams come true.
- "There's a lot of fight at TCU," coach Gary Patterson says. The Horned Frogs have had a lot of close battles and the loss to Kansas State still stings, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Baylor's trip to Stillwater will be the Bears' toughest test of the season . Baylor hasn't beaten Oklahoma State in Stillwater since 1939, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune.
- Iowa State will be looking to give its seniors a nice gift in their final home game: A victory.
- "He's gonna make a lot of people happy in Jayhawk land here before it's all said and done," Kansas offensive line coach Tim Grunhard said about quarterback Montell Cozart after the true freshman's first start. Matt Tait has the story for the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Ken Corbitt of the Topeka Capital-Journal details some of the key plays in Kansas State's 33-31 win over TCU.
- Oklahoma quarterback Trevor Knight was much more comfortable while leading the Sooners to a blowout win over Iowa State, but he hasn't been named the starter quite yet, writes Eric Bailey of the Tulsa World.
- Oklahoma State and Baylor used to be neighbors at the bottom of the Big 12 South standings. Now, they're neighbors atop the Big 12 standings thanks to Mike Gundy and Art Briles, writes Jimmie Tramel of the Tulsa World.
- Baylor is the latest private school to rise up the college football landscape, writes Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman.
- Saturday's loss to Baylor was the sixth game in a row that Texas Tech allowed more rushing yards than it did the game before. And missed tackles have played a role, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- It's been a season full of inconsistency at West Virginia, writes Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette.
- WVU's Shaq Rowell says Kansas "spoiled our dreams," according to Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail.
- Texas' loss hurt the Longhorns' momentum on the recruiting trail, reports our recruiting expert William Wilkerson.
Top Returning Players: Big 12
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35