Big 12 lunchtime links
November, 12, 2013
By Max Olson | ESPN.com
If you missed it on Monday, it's never too late to enjoy this video.
- Bob Stoops defended the state of his Oklahoma program on Monday, insisting that the sky isn't falling. He's sticking with Blake Bell as the Sooners' starting quarterback. Should OU take a shot on giving Jay Norvell play-calling duties?
- Good news for Oklahoma State: Top receiver Josh Stewart could return to practice on Wednesday. The Cowboys know they control their own fate if they win this weekend. Their team chemistry has emerged in the past six weeks.
- Texas' goal of reaching the Fiesta Bowl is in sight with three games left, writes Chuck Carlton of the Dallas Morning News. Mason Walters and the Longhorn offensive line seek a strong finish to 2013.
- Paul Rhoads will review everything about Iowa State, including its coaches, this offseason. No matter how the season ends, the Cyclones' quarterback battle should be wide open this offseason.
- Kansas isn't alone in its struggles to decide on one quarterback. Its offense is happy to have Tony Pierson back following his concussion.
- Kansas State has been growing step by step with "incremental improvement" this season. Defensive end Ryan Mueller earned Big 12 defensive player of the week honors.
- Where would West Virginia be today if it were back in the AAC? WVU is once again unsure of its QB plan as Clint Trickett recovers from his injury.
- Baylor is calling on its depth to step up this week with key starters injured. Art Briles has enjoyed watching Kliff Kingsbury's career ever since they first met in Lubbock. Baylor players say Shock Linwood is their "Little LT."
- Kingsbury said Texas Tech being a 27-point underdog to Baylor is "probably about right." His first-year coaching staff is trying to find a solution to the Red Raiders' history of late-season collapses.
- Trevone Boykin's versatility is becoming invaluable for the TCU offense. One of the Frogs' quarterback commits put up monster numbers in his final regular season game.
SOONERNATION RECRUITING NEWS
OKLAHOMA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Nike Men's Oklahoma Sooners Coaches Performance White Polo
- Oklahoma Sooners retweeted
- Oklahoma Football retweeted
2014 Big 12 STANDINGS
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final North Dakota State 34 Iowa State 14 Final West Virginia 23 2 Alabama 33 Final Louisiana Tech 16 4 Oklahoma 48 Final Samford 14 TCU 48 Final Central Arkansas 35 Texas Tech 42 Final Stephen F. Austin 16 20 Kansas State 55 Final North Texas 7 Texas 38 Final 1 Florida State 37 Oklahoma State 31