Big 12 lunchtime links
- Baylor will be doing plenty of scoreboard watching this month if the Bears keep winning. Amid a move up to No. 5 in the BCS standings, Art Briles is worried only about what he can control.
- Against Baylor, penalties became a major setback for Oklahoma. A good look here from Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman at how OU and Baylor are going in opposite directions these days. Barry Switzer believes a drop in talent up front has helped cause OU's decline. The Sooners' QB commit is done for the season.
- TCU's depth at running back helped save the day against Iowa State. Top receiver Brandon Carter came back, but the status of two injured defensive backs is still questionable.
- Texas Tech is facing a difficult road ahead after three straight losses. Five issues the Red Raiders must address after losing to Kansas State.
- The Oklahoma State-Texas matchup will have Big 12 title implications after all. Mike Gundy offered a rare injury update on Sunday.
- Losing Johnathan Gray and Chris Whaley is just the next blow in an injury-filled season for Texas. Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Stateman says Texas' AD search started with 20 names and ended with two interviews.
- In case you missed it, Vahe Gregorian of the Kansas City Star went to Youngstown, Ohio, for this great piece on Mark Mangino. Freshman Montell Cozart brings a new element to the Kansas offense. Charlie Weis still believes in instilling a "Stanford mentality" to his offense.
- Good luck figuring out this West Virginia team after all its puzzling inconsistency. WVU coaches were frustrated by their final offensive possession in regulation. The Mountaineers need to win their final two games to keep their bowl streak alive.
- Bill Snyder sees major improvement from his team, as Kansas State is one win away from bowl eligibility. KSU's report card from Tech game was about as good as it gets.
- Iowa State's quarterback situation continues to be a confusing mess. It's been a bizarre season for the Cyclones, and Bobby La Gesse of the Ames Tribute says it got even stranger on Saturday.
Oklahoma Sooners, Texas Longhorns, Big 12, Baylor Bears, Iowa State Cyclones, Kansas Jayhawks, Kansas State Wildcats, Oklahoma State Cowboys, Texas Tech Red Raiders, TCU Horned Frogs, West Virginia Mountaineers, Bill Snyder, Johnathan Gray, Mike Gundy, Art Briles, Brandon Carter, Charlie Weis., Montell Cozart, Chris Whaley
One Thing To Know: Big 12 Recruiting
SOONERNATION RECRUITING NEWS
OKLAHOMA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Big 12 Conference retweeted
- Charlie Taylor retweeted
2014 Big 12 STANDINGS
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET North Dakota State Iowa State 3:30 PM ET West Virginia Alabama 7:00 PM ET Louisiana Tech Oklahoma 7:00 PM ET Samford TCU 7:00 PM ET Central Arkansas Texas Tech 7:10 PM ET Stephen F. Austin Kansas State 8:00 PM ET Florida State Oklahoma State 8:00 PM ET North Texas Texas