Big 12's lunch links
- By hammering Oklahoma 41-12, Baylor's title hopes are no longer a fantasy, writes the Dallas Morning News' Kevin Sherrington. The Bears flashed a championship-caliber defense, writes the Waco Tribune-Herald's Brice Cherry. Baylor showed off its depth and versatility, according to the San Antonio Express-News' Tim Griffin. QB Bryce Petty and RB Shock Linwood spearheaded the Baylor offense, but WR Tevin Reese is expected to miss the rest of the regular season with a dislocated wrist.
- It's time for Bob Stoops to take stock of his offense after a lackluster performance, in the opinion of The Oklahoman's Berry Tramel. Stoops took the blame off QB Blake Bell, but this definitely did not come true. The Sooners lost another key player to injury. Center Gabe Ikard says the Sooners are now out of the Big 12 race.
- The West Virginia offense is evolving into a power-rushing attack, writes the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review's Bob Hertzel.
- Defense and confidence has been the key to Texas' revival, writes the Charleston Gazette's Dave Hickman. Could West Virginia be a trap game for the Longhorns? New athletic director Steve Patterson doesn't anticipate making "monstrous" changes in Austin.
- The conference schedule has been a killer for Kansas, in the opinion of The Oklahoman's John Helsley. The Jayhawks are looking ahead, writes the Topeka Capital-Journal's Ben Ward, but it would help if they could solve their third quarter issues.
- Oklahoma State's running game passes inspection, according to the Tulsa World's Jimmie Tramel.
- Can we just give Texas Tech's Jace Amaro the Mackey Award, and stop all this silliness? More uniforms are on the way for the Red Raiders.
- Kansas State's dual-threat QBs are getting the job done, according to the Topeka Capital-Journal's Ken Corbitt. K-State DE Ryan Mueller has a charged motor.
- Iowa State and TCU share one big thing in common, writes the Des Moines Register's Randy Peterson.
Oklahoma Sooners, Texas Longhorns, Baylor Bears, Iowa State Cyclones, Kansas Jayhawks, Kansas State Wildcats, Oklahoma State Cowboys, Texas Tech Red Raiders, Oklahoma Sooners, Texas Longhorns, TCU Horned Frogs, Baylor Bears, Texas Tech Red Raiders, Iowa State Cyclones, Kansas Jayhawks, Oklahoma State Cowboys, Kansas State Wildcats, West Virginia Mountaineers
SOONERNATION RECRUITING NEWS
OKLAHOMA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- SoonerScoop.com retweeted
- Big 12 Conference retweeted
2014 Big 12 STANDINGS
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final North Dakota State 34 Iowa State 14 Final West Virginia 23 2 Alabama 33 Final Louisiana Tech 16 4 Oklahoma 48 Final Samford 14 TCU 48 Final Central Arkansas 35 Texas Tech 42 Final Stephen F. Austin 16 20 Kansas State 55 Final 1 Florida State 37 Oklahoma State 31 Final North Texas 7 Texas 38