Big 12 lunchtime links
November, 5, 2013
By Jake Trotter | ESPN.com
Ladies and gentlemen, the starting quarterback for your Green Bay Packers (at least I hope):
- Football has helped change the perception of Waco, according to The Oklahoman's Jenni Carlson. QB Bryce Petty's calm demeanor has Baylor thinking big, writes the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Jimmy Burch. More big games could be on the horizon for the Bears, according to the Dallas Morning News' Kate Hairopoulos.
- Oklahoma CB Zack Sanchez is ready for a bunch of passes to come his way Thursday, writes The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey. The rest of the OU defense talks about gearing up for Baylor, too.
- Texas coach Mack Brown is back from the dead, writes the Dallas Morning News' Chuck Carlton. Brown says Texas should be ranked. I wholeheartedly agree. Brown also says this will be the most exciting final month to a Big 12 season in the conference's history. I also agree.
- Injuries have thinned out the Texas Tech defense, reports the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal's Don Williams.
- Kansas State is looking to make a statement in Lubbock, writes the Wichita Eagle's Kellis Robinett.
- Oklahoma State is playing without fear, writes The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell. That said, the Cowboys need to take Kansas seriously, in the opinion of the Tulsa World's Jimmie Tramel.
- Iowa State is taking yet another turn through the QB carousel. The Des Moines Register's Randy Peterson breaks down what it means.
- Trevone Boykin is seizing the moment at his new position, reports the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Stefan Stevenson. Coach Gary Patterson is also pleased with the play of QB Casey Pachall. TCU, however, will have to make due without another key player.
- Offensive line tweaks are coming to the Kansas offensive line, according to the Lawrence Journal-World's Matt Tait.
- Hope and confidence reigns supreme in Morgantown after the TCU win, according to the Charleston Gazette's Dave Hickman. Running back Charles Sims equates success with wins, writes the Charleston Daily Mail's Mike Casazza.
Top Returning Players: Big 12
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35