Big 12 lunchtime links
October, 29, 2013
By Brandon Chatmon | ESPN.com
Several big plays in the Big 12 this weekend.
- It's been a injury-riddled 1-6 start to the season for Iowa State, writes Bobby La Gesse of the Ames Tribune.
- Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury is faced with something he hasn't been faced with this season. The Red Raiders have to play a game coming off a loss for the first time, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- The Red Raiders unveiled their Lone Survivor uniforms, which they will wear against Kansas State on Nov. 9.
- It's looking more and more like a lost season for West Virginia, writes Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette.
- Could Oliver Luck be the next athletic director at Texas?
- Texas is looking forward to playing in Austin again after dominant victories over Oklahoma and TCU.
- TCU's offense is still searching for success, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Last year's meeting with Texas could bring hope for Kansas, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Limiting big plays was a key to Kansas State's win over West Virginia, writes Ken Corbitt of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- We could be looking at the greatest Thursday night in college football history, including Oklahoma-Baylor, writes Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman.
- Oklahoma State running back Desmond Roland's first start was a "dream come true" writes Kelly Hines of the Tulsa World.
- Baylor's offense is sure to be a handful for OU's defense, writes the Tulsa World's Guerin Emig.
SOONERNATION RECRUITING NEWS
OKLAHOMA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Oklahoma Sooners retweeted
- Oklahoma Football retweeted
2014 Big 12 STANDINGS
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final North Dakota State 34 Iowa State 14 Final West Virginia 23 2 Alabama 33 Final Louisiana Tech 16 4 Oklahoma 48 Final Samford 14 TCU 48 Final Central Arkansas 35 Texas Tech 42 Final Stephen F. Austin 16 20 Kansas State 55 Final North Texas 7 Texas 38 Final 1 Florida State 37 Oklahoma State 31