Big 12 lunchtime links
October, 25, 2013
By Max Olson | ESPN.com
Turns out Jadakiss is a fan of the Jayhawks. Who knew? On to the links:
- Gary Patterson makes it official: Casey Pachall will be available to play against Texas. So why not give him the start on Saturday? Patterson remains a firm believer in what this team can accomplish.
- Linebacker Eric Striker is living up to his name for Oklahoma. The Sooners rank last in the Big 12 in the latest Graduation Success Rate numbers.
- Oliver Luck has already begun preparing for his role in the College Football Playoff. West Virginia's bowl hopes are in jeopardy right now. WVU's struggles this year raise some interesting questions about its recruiting.
- Ben Heeney and Tony Pierson remain "day-to-day" for Kansas this week. Dexter McDonald has found a home at cornerback for the Jayhawks.
- Kansas State's mentality for the rest of the season: "We have got to win out." Dana Holgorsen offers his take on preparing for the K-State two-quarterback system. Tyler Lockett, Tremaine Thompson still face big expectations when healthy.
- Does this Texas team play better with a chip on it shoulder? Texas is dealing with some more vandalism this week courtesy of some Aggies.
- Kliff Kingsbury's reputation is growing with every win at Texas Tech, writes Sports Illustrated's Stewart Mandel. Texas Tech cornerback Derrick Mays' confidence and knee are both much healthier this season.
- Breaking down why Oklahoma State's defense is much-improved in 2013. The punting game could be key factor in the Pokes' efforts against Iowa State.
- Iowa State desperately needs another big upset, says Randy Peterson of the Des Moines Register. The 2011 loss in Ames remains a sore spot for Oklahoma State.
- Baylor's speedy receiving duo is living up to high expectations this season. Five reasons why Baylor has a better team than Texas Tech thus far.
Oklahoma State Upsets Oklahoma In OT
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
6:00 PM ET Marshall Northern Illinois 9:30 PM ET Navy San Diego State
12:00 PM ET Central Michigan Western Kentucky 8:00 PM ET Fresno State Rice
1:00 PM ET Illinois Louisiana Tech 4:30 PM ET Rutgers North Carolina 8:00 PM ET North Carolina State UCF
1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Virginia Tech 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State