Big 12 lunchtime links
- The Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Randy Galloway has a message for the Longhorns after their win over Oklahoma: It's still all about Johnny Football.
- Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy considers the 2013 defense his best, he tells The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell.
- Coach Dana Holgorsen does not mince words about where his Mountaineers are at the midpoint of the season, writes the Charleston Daily Mail's Mike Casazza.
- Kansas receiver Justin McCay says he has no regrets about leaving Oklahoma in an interview with the Oklahoman's Jason Kersey. Losses are making things painful for Kansas QB Jake Heaps, per the Topeka Capital-Journal's Mike Vernon.
- TCU coach Gary Patterson is not ready to play redshirt freshman QB Tyler Matthews, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Stefan Stevenson.
- The routs were nice, but a Big 12 test in Manhattan is just what the doctor ordered for Baylor.
- There have been a lot of ups and downs for the Kansas State quarterbacks, writes the Manhattan Mercury's Joshua Kinder.
- The Des Moines Register's Tommy Birch breaks down the secret to the returning prowess of Iowa State playmaker Jarvis West.
- Texas Tech is getting some depth back on the offensive line, according to the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal's Don Williams. The Red Raiders aren't just a passing team, either, writes the Charleston Gazette's Dave Hickman.
- Oklahoma LB Corey Nelson and DT Jordan Phillips underwent successful season-ending surgeries. Coach Bob Stoops is cool with Condoleezza Rice's appointment to the playoff committee.
Oklahoma Sooners, Texas Longhorns, Big 12, Baylor Bears, Iowa State Cyclones, Kansas Jayhawks, Kansas State Wildcats, Oklahoma State Cowboys, Texas Tech Red Raiders, TCU Horned Frogs, Bob Stoops, Mike Gundy, Jordan Phillips, Corey Nelson, Justin McCay, Dana Holgorsen, Jake Heaps, Baylor Bears, Jarvis West, Tyler Matthews