Big 12 lunchtime links
- The Cyclones are looking for a way to utilize RB Aaron Wimberly while also keeping him healthy, according to the Ames Tribune's Bobby La Gesse. Iowa State is the last squad to hold Baylor under 30 points, the Des Moines Register's Tommy Birch points out.
- Former Baylor QB Robert Griffin III is the seventh-most liked player in the NFL, according to Forbes; ex-Oklahoma RB Adrian Peterson is second. Also, here's the block that got Baylor WR Corey Coleman suspended for a half.
- Texas Tech QB Baker Mayfield returned to practice Tuesday, reports the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal's Don Williams. The Red Raiders are looking hard at their special teams after a poor showing last weekend against Iowa State.
- The pupil is about to face his mentor in Morgantown, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review's Bob Hertzel writes. Former West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez revealed some regrets, reports Mitch Vingle of the Charleston Gazette
- A win this weekend in Stillwater could bring some sizzle back to TCU’s season, writes the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Stefan Stevenson. Nothing seems to be going right for the Horned Frogs this season, including the tires on the team bus. The Frogs are actually going to practice at OU the night before heading to Oklahoma State.
- Charlie Weis' offensive shakeup is a positive step, in the opinion of the Lawrence Journal-World's Tom Keegan.
- Bill Snyder is seeing progress in Manhattan, reports the Topeka Capital-Journal's Ken Corbitt.
- After Oklahoma WR Trey Metoyer was charged with two counts of indecent exposure, coach Bob Stoops indicated the former blue-chip recruit would not be returning to the team. QB Blake Bell is under the gun, says The Oklahoman's Ryan Aber.
- Despite his struggles, Oklahoma State is concerned about TCU QB Trevone Boykin, writes The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell. The Cowboys linebackers have developed chemistry, in the eyes of Jimmie Tramel of the Tulsa World.
- Texas has appointed a seven-member advisory committee to search for an athletic director to replace the retiring DeLoss Dodds.
Oklahoma Sooners, Texas Longhorns, Big 12, Baylor Bears, Iowa State Cyclones, Kansas Jayhawks, Kansas State Wildcats, Oklahoma State Cowboys, Texas Tech Red Raiders, West Virginia Mountaineers, Texas Christian Horned Frogs, Trey Metoyer, Oklahoma Sooners, Charlie Weis., Texas Longhorns, TCU Horned Frogs, Baylor Bears, Texas Tech Red Raiders, Iowa State Cyclones, Kansas Jayhawks, Oklahoma State Cowboys, Trevone Boykin, Kansas State Wildcats, West Virginia Mountaineers