Big 12 lunchtime links
October, 16, 2013
By Jake Trotter | ESPN.com
You're welcome, Mexico.
- The Cyclones are looking for a way to utilize RB Aaron Wimberly while also keeping him healthy, according to the Ames Tribune's Bobby La Gesse. Iowa State is the last squad to hold Baylor under 30 points, the Des Moines Register's Tommy Birch points out.
- Former Baylor QB Robert Griffin III is the seventh-most liked player in the NFL, according to Forbes; ex-Oklahoma RB Adrian Peterson is second. Also, here's the block that got Baylor WR Corey Coleman suspended for a half.
- Texas Tech QB Baker Mayfield returned to practice Tuesday, reports the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal's Don Williams. The Red Raiders are looking hard at their special teams after a poor showing last weekend against Iowa State.
- The pupil is about to face his mentor in Morgantown, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review's Bob Hertzel writes. Former West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez revealed some regrets, reports Mitch Vingle of the Charleston Gazette
- A win this weekend in Stillwater could bring some sizzle back to TCU’s season, writes the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Stefan Stevenson. Nothing seems to be going right for the Horned Frogs this season, including the tires on the team bus. The Frogs are actually going to practice at OU the night before heading to Oklahoma State.
- Charlie Weis' offensive shakeup is a positive step, in the opinion of the Lawrence Journal-World's Tom Keegan.
- Bill Snyder is seeing progress in Manhattan, reports the Topeka Capital-Journal's Ken Corbitt.
- After Oklahoma WR Trey Metoyer was charged with two counts of indecent exposure, coach Bob Stoops indicated the former blue-chip recruit would not be returning to the team. QB Blake Bell is under the gun, says The Oklahoman's Ryan Aber.
- Despite his struggles, Oklahoma State is concerned about TCU QB Trevone Boykin, writes The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell. The Cowboys linebackers have developed chemistry, in the eyes of Jimmie Tramel of the Tulsa World.
- Texas has appointed a seven-member advisory committee to search for an athletic director to replace the retiring DeLoss Dodds.
Top Returning Players: Big 12
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35