Big 12 lunchtime links
October, 9, 2013
By Brandon Chatmon | ESPN.com
Terrell Owens made a recent appearance on "SportsNation." Let's just say, "Shots fired!!!"
- Iowa State has a history of bouncing back after tough losses, writes Bobby La Gesse of the Ames Tribune.
- Center has been a problem position for Kansas, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Baylor's Tevin Reese thinks there is a drawback when scoring 70 points in a game, writes the Wichita Eagle's Kellis Robinett.
- KSU coach Bill Snyder points to his 2003 Wildcats squad to give this current group hope, writes Ken Corbitt of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Josh Heupel and Major Applewhite will meet again on Saturday. Heupel, Oklahoma's offensive coordinator, and Applewhite, Texas' offensive coordinator, dueled as starting quarterbacks in 1999 and 2000, splitting the two games, writes Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman.
- Oklahoma State's offensive tempo has been slowed for various reasons, writes Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman.
- Texas receiver Mike Davis issues another apology for his late block on Iowa State defensive back Deon Broomfield, reports Mike Finger of the San Antonio Express-News.
- Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds says the result of the Red River Rivalry isn't the only thing that will decide Mack Brown's fate, writes Brad Townsend and Chuck Carlton of the Dallas Morning News.
- TCU's defense could be better than its 2-3 record would lead you to believe, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- The red zone could be key when Texas Tech hosts Iowa State on Saturday, reports Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen still has hope the Mountaineers can get quality play from the quarterback position, writes Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette.
- The Mountaineers' bye week comes at the perfect time, reports Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail.
Top Returning Players: Big 12
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35