Big 12 lunchtime links
October, 8, 2013
By Brandon Chatmon | ESPN.com
Oklahoma and Texas will wear uniforms with gold trim on Saturday. The Longhorns will wear orange jerseys with gold trim, while the Sooners will sport white jerseys with gold trim.
- Last season's upset win over Kansas State was a turning point for Baylor, which has won eight straight games since that night, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune.
- Texas receiver Mike Davis talked about and apologized for his attempt to block Iowa State defensive back Deon Broomfield, a play many people considered a cheap shot. Broomfield responds saying "I don't know how you loaf after a play." Bobby La Gesse has the story for the Ames Tribune.
- Kansas' Tony Pierson is "day-to-day" after suffering a head injury, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Expect changes in the Jayhawks' depth chart, writes Rustin Dodd of the Wichita Eagle.
- Kansas State coach Bill Snyder was in a light-hearted mood despite the prospect of facing Baylor, writes Ken Corbitt of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Oklahoma linebacker Corey Nelson has turned into a mentor after his season-ending injury, writes John Shinn of the Norman Transcript.
- Oklahoma State linebacker Shaun Lewis had a big day against Kansas State, writes The Oklahoman's John Helsley.
- Case McCoy can leave a legacy as Texas' starting quarterback in the Red River Rivalry on Saturday, writes Jimmy Burch of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- TCU's third-down struggles against Oklahoma were directly related to first-down setbacks, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- No structural damage in the knee of Texas Tech quarterback Baker Mayfield. The Red Raiders' quarterback situation remains unclear, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Is West Virginia that bad or Baylor that good? Charleston Gazette's Dave Hickman tackles that question.
Top Returning Players: Big 12
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35