Big 12 lunch links
September, 19, 2013
By Brandon Chatmon | ESPN.com
Somehow I can't help but think about "Bad Boys II" when Stephen Jackson talks about guys trying to talk to his daughters.
- Baylor kicker Aaron Jones has worked on his kickoffs and it has paid off, writes Brice Cherry of the Waco Tribune.
- One true freshman is expected to see the field for Iowa State this season, and he's already making an impact, writes Tommy Birch of the Des Moines Register.
- Kansas' secondary is looking like one of the strengths of its defense, writes Mike Vernon of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Randall Zimmerman has gone to great lengths to watch his son, Kansas State safety Ty Zimmerman, become one of the Big 12's top defenders.
- Charles Tapper's journey from basketball player to starting defensive end at Oklahoma has been unique, writes Ryan Aber of The Oklahoman. Meanwhile true freshman defensive end D.J. Ward returned to practice after having his spleen removed during preseason camp.
- One freshman defensive end is standing out at Oklahoma State, reports The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell.
- Texas Tech's quick start deserved to be validated with a Top 25 ranking, writes Jimmy Burch of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- TCU coach Gary Patterson has a message for his team: "Bottom line, you've got to grow up." Stefan Stevenson has the story for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Dennis Franchione knows what it takes to get the upset against Texas Tech when he takes his Texas State squad to Lubbock, writes Krista Pirtle of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- A sophomore has emerged as a key player in the middle of West Virginia's defense, writes Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail.
Spring Game Wrap-Up
Spring Game Wrap-Up
SOONERNATION RECRUITING NEWS
OKLAHOMA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Antigua Women's Oklahoma Sooners White Sugar Bowl Bound Ice Full-Zip Jacket
2013 Big 12 STANDINGS
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
TBD North Dakota State Iowa State TBD Louisiana Tech Oklahoma TBD North Texas Texas TBD Stephen F. Austin Kansas State TBD Samford TCU TBD Central Arkansas Texas Tech 3:30 PM ET West Virginia Alabama 8:00 PM ET Florida State Oklahoma State