Here's plenty of Big 12 info chew on -- no leftovers, we promise -- during your lunch break:
- Part III of the Sports Illustrated investigation into Oklahoma State is now online and focuses on drug use. Another strong take from Berry Tramel, this time on the academics part of SI's report. Les Miles responds to the investigation, and an OSU associate AD explains her side of the academics story. Here's a closer look at Terry Henley, a key figure in part II. Lastly, did Oklahoma State run a $1 million defense?
- Good preview of Texas Tech-TCU from Chuck Carlton of the Dallas Morning News, including Gary Patterson on why he didn't offer Baker Mayfield. Are we about to see another thriller like last year? TCU QB Trevone Boykin is more confident this year, and Texas Tech is feeling good about its special teams.
- Oklahoma running back Brennan Clay's patience is being rewarded. Corner Aaron Colvin isn't practicing this week but could still play against Tulsa. Kass Everett has fought his way back into football. The Alexander brothers will face off on Saturday.
- Is this weekend one of the five most important games in Mack Brown's career? AD DeLoss Dodds says Brown isn't in trouble. David Ash's availability is still a game-time decision for the Longhorns. Adrian Phillips is trying to move past the mistakes of the BYU game.
- Kansas' Keba Agostinho, a native of war-torn Angola, found a new kind of hope in football. James Sims wants revenge after missing last year's Rice game. A former KU coach and some players found a home at Rice after Mark Mangino's departure.
- West Virginia's defense has improved, but not enough yet. RB Dreamius Smith needs to improve his blocking to get more carries. WVU dismissed linebacker dVante Harris following an arrest.
- Tight end Zach Trujillo emerging as a key role player for Kansas State. Daniel Sams has become an electrifying aspect of the Wildcats' offense.
- Iowa State's Rodney Coe is not a fan of Iowa, plus an interesting breakdown of the Cy-Hawk Game. Winning the trophy does matter a great deal to ISU players.
- A Baylor football commit was arrested for sexual assault and dismissed from his high school team. Advanced stats love what the Baylor offense has done this season.
Top Returning Players: Big 12
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35