Big 12 lunch links
September, 12, 2013
By Max Olson | ESPN.com
Here's plenty of Big 12 info chew on -- no leftovers, we promise -- during your lunch break:
- Part III of the Sports Illustrated investigation into Oklahoma State is now online and focuses on drug use. Another strong take from Berry Tramel, this time on the academics part of SI's report. Les Miles responds to the investigation, and an OSU associate AD explains her side of the academics story. Here's a closer look at Terry Henley, a key figure in part II. Lastly, did Oklahoma State run a $1 million defense?
- Good preview of Texas Tech-TCU from Chuck Carlton of the Dallas Morning News, including Gary Patterson on why he didn't offer Baker Mayfield. Are we about to see another thriller like last year? TCU QB Trevone Boykin is more confident this year, and Texas Tech is feeling good about its special teams.
- Oklahoma running back Brennan Clay's patience is being rewarded. Corner Aaron Colvin isn't practicing this week but could still play against Tulsa. Kass Everett has fought his way back into football. The Alexander brothers will face off on Saturday.
- Is this weekend one of the five most important games in Mack Brown's career? AD DeLoss Dodds says Brown isn't in trouble. David Ash's availability is still a game-time decision for the Longhorns. Adrian Phillips is trying to move past the mistakes of the BYU game.
- Kansas' Keba Agostinho, a native of war-torn Angola, found a new kind of hope in football. James Sims wants revenge after missing last year's Rice game. A former KU coach and some players found a home at Rice after Mark Mangino's departure.
- West Virginia's defense has improved, but not enough yet. RB Dreamius Smith needs to improve his blocking to get more carries. WVU dismissed linebacker dVante Harris following an arrest.
- Tight end Zach Trujillo emerging as a key role player for Kansas State. Daniel Sams has become an electrifying aspect of the Wildcats' offense.
- Iowa State's Rodney Coe is not a fan of Iowa, plus an interesting breakdown of the Cy-Hawk Game. Winning the trophy does matter a great deal to ISU players.
- A Baylor football commit was arrested for sexual assault and dismissed from his high school team. Advanced stats love what the Baylor offense has done this season.
Spring Game Wrap-Up
Spring Game Wrap-Up
SOONERNATION RECRUITING NEWS
OKLAHOMA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- WinCraft Oklahoma State Cowboys "Football" Ultra Decal
2013 Big 12 STANDINGS
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
TBD North Dakota State Iowa State TBD Louisiana Tech Oklahoma TBD North Texas Texas TBD Stephen F. Austin Kansas State TBD Samford TCU TBD Central Arkansas Texas Tech 3:30 PM ET West Virginia Alabama 8:00 PM ET Florida State Oklahoma State