Not exactly a tough day to come up with some Oklahoma State links...
- Part II of the Sports Illustrated investigation, entitled "The Academics," is now online, as is a summary from The Oklahoman. Berry Tramel thinks Oklahoma State needs to change its defiant tone about the reports. Former OSU QB Josh Field denies he ever took money. As does Aso Pogi. Fath' Carter, another key source, stands by what he told SI. Here's a fuller recap of all the players named in part I. Former Pokes defend John Talley, who reportedly paid players. OSU starts a website to keep fans updated on its response to the SI investigation, with one of the two SI reporters defends the story.
- The Sooners are fortunate to be flexible at quarterback, writes John Shinn of The Norman Transcript. Would a strong game from Blake Bell against Tulsa ensure the job is his? Communication has improved a Sooners defense that Gabe Lynn admits used to be "soft." OU landed a commitment from a Dallas-area offensive lineman.
- Kansas isn't overlooking Rice QB Taylor McHargue after he beat KU last year. Charlie Weis explains how to buy hands at Kmart, and he's out to end KU's 19-game road losing streak.
- Texas quarterback David Ash missed practice on Tuesday but is still day-to-day for the Ole Miss game. Texas RB coach Larry Porter is accused of paying players in the SI investigation. Would 10 wins still be enough to save Mack Brown's job, or will BYU be his signature loss? Is USC or Texas more likely to rebound this season? Here's a brief video of Greg Robinson coaching in one of his first Texas practices.
- Monday's Sports Illustrated report is a black eye for West Virginia's Joe DeForest, who is accused of paying players. Head coach Dana Hologorsen considered 7 points against Oklahoma "embarrassing." WVU players are nursing injuries after the OU game.
- A bye week will give several key Baylor players time to recover from injuries. Baylor gets the ESPNU All-Access treatment today.
- Bill Snyder is worried about complacency as KSU prepares for Massachusetts. Are Jake Waters' days as the starter numbered? Jack Cantele has been a capable successor to Anthony Cantele for Kansas State.
- Texas Tech game on the road is now a must-win for TCU. Gary Patterson thinks Casey Pachall would qualify for a medical redshirt if he ones one.
- The Iowa State defense is looking for some redemption against Iowa this year. Luke Knott is ready to make some Cy-Hawk memories of his own. Paul Rhoads breaks down the ISU rushing defense.
- Texas Tech and TCU renew their rivalry Thursday, and the Frogs haven't won in Lubbock since 1991. Jackson Richards' move to nose guard is paying off for Tech.
Top Returning Players: Big 12
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35