- Brandon Chatmon, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
The Big 12 Conference announced its future bowl lineup Friday. The league will feature a seven-game slate beginning in 2014, highlighted by the Sugar Bowl featuring the Big 12 and SEC champions (unless one or both teams earn a College Football Playoff berth).
Here are some details and closer look at the rest of the lineup:
• Alamo Bowl in San Antonio vs. Pac-12 opponent
• Russell Athletic Bowl in Orlando, Fla., vs. ACC opponent
• Texas Bowl in Houston vs. SEC opponent
• Liberty Bowl in Memphis, Tenn., vs. SEC opponent
• Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl in Tempe, Ariz., vs. Pac-12 opponent
• Heart of Dallas Bowl vs. Conference USA opponent, or Armed Forces Bowl in Fort Worth vs. American Athletic Conference opponent
It's an interesting group of bowls for the Big 12, as the conference could face the SEC in three different bowl games each year. Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops questioned the depth of the SEC during the summer, so if middle-of-the-road Big 12 and SEC squads face off in the postseason, it could serve to show the validity, or lack thereof, of Stoops' comment.
The lineup also features multiple matchups with the Pac-12, which promise to be entertaining if nothing else. Neither conference was known for its defensive prowess in 2012, with the Pac-12 surrendering an average of 30.2 points per game and the Big 12 35.2 points per game.
21hJake Trotter and Brandon Chatmon
7dJake Trotter and Brandon Chatmon