Big 12 lunchtime links
August, 30, 2013
By Brandon Chatmon | ESPN.com
Game day is finally here as Big 12 football kicks off tonight. If it equals last night's action, we're in for some fun.
- Bye, bye Buie as Andrew Buie, West Virginia's top rusher in 2012, has left the school, reports Stephen Nesbitt of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Promoting from within could pay off for Kansas, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Iowa State tight end Ernst Brun wears a bracelet that means a lot to one special Cyclone fan, writes Bobby LaGesse of the Ames Tribune.
- WVU's receiving corps are just as unclear as the starting quarterback, writes Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette.
- Kansas State's new West Stadium Center will debut when the Wildcats host North Dakota State tonight, writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- Dreams are coming true as Kliff Kingsbury is set to make his head coaching debut with Texas Tech, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. True freshman walk-on Baker Mayfield is slated to start at quarterback.
- "You're not taking football away from me." Steven Stevenson details the journey of TCU defensive end Matt Anderson as he returns to the field for the Horned Frogs against LSU this weekend after missing the past two seasons due to injury.
- It's not a home game but playing in Houston is important for Oklahoma State, write The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell and John Helsley.
- Having a mobile quarterback at Oklahoma has been in the plans for years, writes John Shinn of the Norman Transcript.
SOONERNATION RECRUITING NEWS
OKLAHOMA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Big 12 Conference retweeted