Lunch links: Snyder's big-time impact
August, 6, 2013
By David Ubben | ESPN.com
Bill Snyder: Still the best.
- Vahe Gregorian of the Kansas City Star writes about Bill Snyder's off-field impact in Manhattan, including when he prevented one player from committing suicide.
- Iowa State is wearing some 1920s throwback uniforms as a tribute to Jack Trice during this year's game against Iowa. Good look.
- Incoming Oklahoma freshman D.J. Ward will be out awhile because of a spleen issue.
- The Kansas City Star's Rustin Dodd looks at Charlie Weis' penchant for giving second chances as it relates to running back Darrian Miller and others, which has had mixed results.
- Dana Holgorsen still needs leadership from his Mountaineers, and Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail takes you on a tour of WVU's facilities.
- Bobby La Gesse of the Ames Tribune asked around and has a few breakout candidates for the Cyclones this fall. Iowa State's team speed has impressed Paul Rhoads, too.
- Very, very cool new "Inside the Program" show from SoonerSports.tv. Get a look inside preseason camp at OU, and Keith Ford brought the boomstick to camp.
- Newfound health could be a huge boost for Kansas linebacker Schyler Miles, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Oklahoma State safety Daytawion Lowe sits down for a Q&A.
- Colleague Ivan Maisel writes about Kliff Kingsbury's immediate impact of being a young coach. And is receiver Shawn Corker poised for a breakout season in Lubbock?
- Is West Virginia the best program in college football without a national title?
Sooner Commit Hits 66-Yard FG
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET North Dakota State Iowa State 3:30 PM ET West Virginia Alabama 7:00 PM ET Louisiana Tech Oklahoma 7:00 PM ET Samford TCU 7:00 PM ET Central Arkansas Texas Tech 7:10 PM ET Stephen F. Austin Kansas State 8:00 PM ET Florida State Oklahoma State 8:00 PM ET North Texas Texas