Every Thursday, SoonerNation releases the Sooner Intel, a sneak peek inside Oklahoma Sooners football recruiting with news and notes on the latest happenings around the program. Talk about it on our forum. A few things discussed in this week's update:
• One top 2014 prospect got his first look at OU's campus
• An early 2014 RB offer met a former Sooners star and alma mater of his high school
• The Sooners had a surprise visitor on campus last weekend
• More on the Sooners' recent junior college visitor
• OU is still in the hunt for an Arizona defensive back
Read the Sooner Intel after the jump.
Stoops brothers high on Brown
The National Underclassmen Combine Ultimate 100 camp at Oklahoma last weekend attracted quality recruits, but none were as highly touted than Beaumont (Texas) Ozen cornerback Tony Brown, who will be one of the top prospects for the 2014 class.
The OU coaches weren't allowed to contact the recruits on campus during the camp, but Brown said he was impressed with his first look at the Sooners' campus.
“This is really nice, said Brown, who has been invited to this weekend’s Gridiron Kings event in Florida. "We’re not getting to do too much in terms of seeing everything, but I definitely want to come back here."