Nebraska Cornhuskers: Chris Wormley
October, 2, 2013
By Chantel Jennings | ESPN.com
We're driving Cadillacs in our dreams.
- Ohio State coach Urban Meyer says that defensive tackle Michael Bennett's leadership has exceeded his expectations. RB Jordan Hall only had one carry against Wisconsin, but he's not a "forgotten man." Opponents have only gained three yards on Cameron Johnston's punts this season, and Kyle Rowland takes a deeper look at the Australian punter.
- USA Today's George Schroeder takes a look at the opportunity Pat Fitzgerald and the Wildcats have this weekend. Venric Mark's mojo is back and he's excited to get back on the field. Former NU coach Gary Barnett will return to Evanston Saturday to call the Northwestern-Ohio State game. Video: An inside look at halftime for Northwestern.
- The Wisconsin coaches predicted early on that Jared Abbrederis would have a big game against OSU. Wisconsin isn't happy with how penalized its offensive line was against Ohio State, and the Badgers aren't offering excuses. The bye week is coming at a clutch time for the Badgers.
- LB Brennen Beyer might be the Michigan defense's most important player. Michigan football manager Jon Falk -- who has been with the team for 40 years -- recounts some of his favorite Brown Jug stories. RS freshman DE Chris Wormley is glad to be back on the field after a year of injury and rehab.
- Michigan State OLB Taiwan Jones is looking forward to his matchup with Iowa RB Mark Weisman. Video: Graham Couch and Joe Rexrode discuss the Spartans kick returns, big plays and Big Ten opener. Quick coaching hires/fires are a part of today's game, but Mark Dantonio just does his job the best he can w/video.
- Jerry Kill is still waiting for a signature moment at Minnesota, but trophy games offer the possibility for one. The Gophers quickly shifted their focus from the Iowa loss to Michigan. Michigan will be a benchmark game for Minnesota again.
- Kirk Ferentz knows the MSU defense will be difficult to run against. Video: Ferentz discusses the Hawkeyes' Homecoming game vs. MSU.
- Penn State spent its bye week reviewing its identity as it heads in to Big Ten play. Bob Flounders' PSU mailbag answers questions regarding the offense and the secondary. Video: Junior safety Jesse Della Valle previews Indiana. Under Bill O'Brien, Penn State has gotten off to quick starts -- and it hopes to do the same against IU this weekend.
- Nebraska freshmen defensive players are prepping for Big Ten debuts. Offensive coordinator Tim Beck is keeping his mind open about the two-QB system. Bo Pelini is still unsure whether Taylor Martinez will play this weekend.
- Indiana is focusing on the run against Penn State. Kevin Wilson changed things up for the Hoosiers during the bye week.
- Illinois senior QB Nathan Scheelhaase will be the key to the Illini keeping its momentum in the Big Ten. Illinois (and Northwestern) could have defining games this weekend.
Drive Through: Big Ten Preview
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
7:00 PM ET Eastern Illinois Minnesota 10:00 PM ET Rutgers Washington State
8:30 AM ET Penn State UCF 12:00 PM ET Indiana State Indiana 12:00 PM ET Northern Iowa Iowa 12:00 PM ET Appalachian State Michigan 12:00 PM ET 5 Ohio State Navy 12:00 PM ET Western Michigan Purdue 12:05 PM ET Youngstown State Illinois 3:30 PM ET James Madison Maryland 3:30 PM ET Florida Atlantic 22 Nebraska 3:30 PM ET California Northwestern 9:00 PM ET 14 Wisconsin 13 LSU