Nebraska Cornhuskers: Brennen Beyer
October, 8, 2013
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
The Bro Code has been around for centuries. Nay, whatever's more than centuries.
- Minnesota AD Norwood Teague tells John Feinstein that he wants Jerry Kill to coach there for a very long time. Former Gophers players weigh in on Kill's situation. Kill's coordinators remain very much in his corner.
- RB Melvin Gordon is eager to return for Wisconsin this week. TE Jacob Pedersen also looks forward to returning to the field. Coach Gary Andersen reaches out to former Badgers players.
- Penn State needs some takeaways in the worst way. Despite two early losses, the Lions say they have plenty to play for. Penn State could bring back "Sweet Caroline" for Saturday's game after doing so against Kent State.
- Nebraska coach Bo Pelini has some interesting thoughts on hurry-up offenses. Young Huskers LBs Michael Rose and Jared Afalava are movin' on up.
- If LB Jake Ryan returns, Michigan will have added flexibility with Brennen Beyer. Will the Wolverines let Devin Funchess run wild again? Michigan gets ready for the noise in Happy Valley.
- Despite some shaky moments, Braxton Miller came through for Ohio State. That was an expensive touchdown the Buckeyes scored late Saturday night.
- Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald talks about his decision to challenge the spot on Saturday. Another physical test awaits the Wildcats in Madison. An excellent look at the ticket situation for Northwestern at Saturday's game.
- Despite some bright spots on offense, Michigan State still must be better in the red zone. Some good Spartans questions and answers.
- Indiana coach Kevin Wilson might have an offensive background, but he's spending more time with the Hoosiers' defense (subscription required). Pete DiPrimio wonders if IU can finally build on its success. Indiana's quarterbacks aim for Wilson's goal of 70 percent completions.
- Tom Dienhart's latest Big Ten bowl projections. Indiana's up-tempo offense will be tested Saturday in East Lansing.
- Illinois' latest commit for the 2014 class has a familiar name.
- Some quick thoughts on Iowa's loss. The Hawkeyes lost to a Michigan school but added a recruit from Detroit. The open week gives Iowa a chance to heal up.
- Purdue's Rob Henry shows he's a team-first guy by moving to safety. The Boilers' newest commit could play on either side of the ball.
- Dennis Dodd likes the look of the College Football Playoff selection committee.
October, 2, 2013
By Chantel Jennings | ESPN.com
We're driving Cadillacs in our dreams.
- Ohio State coach Urban Meyer says that defensive tackle Michael Bennett's leadership has exceeded his expectations. RB Jordan Hall only had one carry against Wisconsin, but he's not a "forgotten man." Opponents have only gained three yards on Cameron Johnston's punts this season, and Kyle Rowland takes a deeper look at the Australian punter.
- USA Today's George Schroeder takes a look at the opportunity Pat Fitzgerald and the Wildcats have this weekend. Venric Mark's mojo is back and he's excited to get back on the field. Former NU coach Gary Barnett will return to Evanston Saturday to call the Northwestern-Ohio State game. Video: An inside look at halftime for Northwestern.
- The Wisconsin coaches predicted early on that Jared Abbrederis would have a big game against OSU. Wisconsin isn't happy with how penalized its offensive line was against Ohio State, and the Badgers aren't offering excuses. The bye week is coming at a clutch time for the Badgers.
- LB Brennen Beyer might be the Michigan defense's most important player. Michigan football manager Jon Falk -- who has been with the team for 40 years -- recounts some of his favorite Brown Jug stories. RS freshman DE Chris Wormley is glad to be back on the field after a year of injury and rehab.
- Michigan State OLB Taiwan Jones is looking forward to his matchup with Iowa RB Mark Weisman. Video: Graham Couch and Joe Rexrode discuss the Spartans kick returns, big plays and Big Ten opener. Quick coaching hires/fires are a part of today's game, but Mark Dantonio just does his job the best he can w/video.
- Jerry Kill is still waiting for a signature moment at Minnesota, but trophy games offer the possibility for one. The Gophers quickly shifted their focus from the Iowa loss to Michigan. Michigan will be a benchmark game for Minnesota again.
- Kirk Ferentz knows the MSU defense will be difficult to run against. Video: Ferentz discusses the Hawkeyes' Homecoming game vs. MSU.
- Penn State spent its bye week reviewing its identity as it heads in to Big Ten play. Bob Flounders' PSU mailbag answers questions regarding the offense and the secondary. Video: Junior safety Jesse Della Valle previews Indiana. Under Bill O'Brien, Penn State has gotten off to quick starts -- and it hopes to do the same against IU this weekend.
- Nebraska freshmen defensive players are prepping for Big Ten debuts. Offensive coordinator Tim Beck is keeping his mind open about the two-QB system. Bo Pelini is still unsure whether Taylor Martinez will play this weekend.
- Indiana is focusing on the run against Penn State. Kevin Wilson changed things up for the Hoosiers during the bye week.
- Illinois senior QB Nathan Scheelhaase will be the key to the Illini keeping its momentum in the Big Ten. Illinois (and Northwestern) could have defining games this weekend.
Who Stands To Gain The Most This Weekend?
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Purdue Illinois 12:00 PM ET 20 Ohio State Maryland 2:30 PM ET North Texas Indiana 3:30 PM ET 17 Wisconsin Northwestern 7:00 PM ET Michigan Rutgers 8:00 PM ET 19 Nebraska 10 Michigan State