Big Ten lunch links
- A big night at the NFL draft for Michigan's Taylor Lewan, who landed with the Titans at No. 11 to lead off a better opening day for the league.
- Ohio State's defensive duo, Ryan Shazier at No. 15 to the Steelers and Bradley Roby at No. 31, went to the Broncos.
- And Michigan State's Darqueze Dennard found a home with the Bengals at No. 24.
- Michigan’s other offensive tackle, Michael Schofield, has used a family struggle as his motivation to prepare for this draft.
- Former Indiana receiver Cody Latimer went to New York to hear his name called at the draft. He’s still waiting.
- Also waiting, defensive tackle Ra'Shede Hagemen of Minnesota, which hasn’t had a player drafted since Eric Decker in 2010. And the wait is almost over, too, for Wisconsin’s Chris Borland.
- Tracking the Maryland prospects for the second through seventh rounds.
- Meanwhile, Purdue’s 15-year streak of landing at least one player in the draft is in jeopardy.
- Former Ohio State coach Jim Tressel lands the presidency at Youngstown State after he was bypassedat the University of Akron.
- What to do this offseason? Shane Morris can play catch ... with himself.
- Michigan State appears interested in the younger brother of tight end Dylan Chmura.
- James Franklin and the Penn State coaches continue their 17-stop caravan in Pittsburgh. Can the grayshirting of recruits help PSU overcome its scholarship limitations.
- Former Rutgers quarterback Tom Savage earns the endorsement of ex-coach Greg Schiano.
- Former Nebraska quarterback Joe Ganz will remain on staff in 2014 as a graduate assistant. An appeal is deniedfor the summer jail sentence in Colorado for offensive tackle Alex Lewis is denied.
- Minnesota loses a backup defensive lineman to North Dakota.
- Kirk Ferentz marches to the beat of his own drum in recruiting, but even he occasionally extends a scholarship offer to a high school freshman.
Big Ten Conference, Illinois Fighting Illini, Indiana Hoosiers, Iowa Hawkeyes, Michigan State Spartans, Michigan Wolverines, Minnesota Golden Gophers, Nebraska Cornhuskers, Northwestern Wildcats, Ohio State Buckeyes, Purdue Boilermakers, Wisconsin Badgers, Big Ten, Rutgers Scarlet Knights, Penn State, Kirk Ferentz, Bradley Roby, Chris Borland, Ryan Shazier, Ra'Shede Hageman, Taylor Lewan, James Franklin, Cody Latimer, Darqueze Dennard, Shane Morris, Michael Schofield, Greg Schiano, Jim Tressel, Alex Lewis, Dylan Chmura, Tom Savage
CORNHUSKERNATION RECRUITING NEWS
NEBRASKA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Eric Olson retweeted
- Prince Amukamara retweeted
- Adam Carriker retweeted