Michigan Wolverines: Jason Ankrah
"College Football Live" and its Summer Tour stops in Columbus today. Joe Tessitore and Brian Griese will be at Ohio State checking in on Urban Meyer, Braxton Miller and Co. Catch them throughout the day on "SportsCenter" and on CFB Live at 5 p.m. ET on ESPN2.
To the links ...
To the links ...
- Opinions differ a bit on which Wisconsin quarterback -- Joel Stave or Curt Phillips -- performed better in Monday's scrimmage. Badgers LB Ethan Armstrong expects to be ready for the season opener. Check out Episode 2 of "The Camp."
- Ohio State's Meyer is dead set on dominating the Big Ten and catching the SEC, Pat Forde writes. Dontre Wilson continues to be the talk of Buckeyes' camp. Keep an eye on Ezekiel Elliott in Ohio State's running back competition. Who says punters aren't strong?
- Michigan State DT Mark Scarpinato makes a move for a starting job. The same goes for TE Andrew Gleichert. Don't count out Tyler O'Connor in MSU's quarterback competition. The Spartans sport 'staches as a tribute to strength coach Ken Mannie.
- Allen Robinson leads the way for Penn State's receiving corps. The Champaign Room previews Penn State.
- LB recruit Jared Wangler explains why he picked Michigan over Penn State. Wolverines DT Ondre Pipkins is in shape and ready to take the next step. The bar has been raised for Michigan WR Jeremy Gallon.
- Jason Ankrah sets the tone for Nebraska's young defensive ends. Nebraska's offensive line tries to upgrade its pass protection after surrendering 35 sacks in 2012. Dirk Chatelain ranks the Huskers' games from toughest to easiest.
- Minnesota's wide receivers might lack big numbers, but they boast plenty of confidence.
- Cameron Dickerson brings the swagger to Northwestern's receiving corps. Jimmy Hall could play the "Cat" position (nickel safety) for the Wildcats.
- Illinois RBs Donovonn Young and Josh Ferguson took center stage at Monday's scrimmage. The Illini defensive line makes progress in camp.
- Two childhood friends from Ohio (Ray Hamilton and Aaron White) ended up playing football and basketball for Iowa. Mike Hlas isn't too jazzed about this year's Iowa-Ohio State matchup.
- Purdue TE Gabe Holmes knows time is running out to make a breakthrough. Boilers coach Darrell Hazell and several players weigh in on Day 10 of camp. Hazell keeps the pedal down in practice.
- Kevin Wilson needs the Ws to start coming in Year 3, Andy Graham writes (subscription required). Interviews and highlights from the Hoosiers' Monday workout.
- Athlon looks at critical games and key stretches in the Big Ten this season. See where the CBSsports.com experts have Big Ten teams in their preseason Top 25s.
Happy Sea Serpent Day.
- Nathan Scheelhaase is still the leader of the pack for Illinois. The Illini tight ends are progressing.
- Indiana uses a platoon system to build accountability. The Hoosiers got a visit from Jim Delany (subscription required). Tom Dienhart has some thoughts from IU's practice on Tuesday.
- A closer look at Iowa's offensive line. A former Hawkeye is running for the U.S. Senate.
- Blake Countess is happy to be back from his torn ACL and hoping to start again for Michigan. Taylor Lewan still gets nervous at the start of camp. Cam Gordon is ready for a shot at filling Jake Ryan's shoes. Freshman running back Derrick Green weighed in at 240 pounds.
- Riley Bullough and Nick Hill are earning the most first-team reps at tailback for Michigan State so far. The Spartans' defense is not fat and happy, Pat Narduzzi says. A linebacker position battle is a matter of keeping up with the Joneses.
- Damien Wilson came to Minnesota highly recommended by former NFL coach Ray Perkins, and he looks to fill a hole at linebacker. Lineman Josh Campion kept the faith through a series of obstacles because he badly wanted to be a Gopher.
- Jason Ankrah is embracing a leadership role for Nebraska. Juco import Randy Gregory impressed despite his rustiness. Huskers tight end Jake Long and backup QB Tommy Armstrong will miss some time with injuries.
- Collin Ellis and Drew Smith are waging a battle for one of Northwestern's starting linebacker jobs. The Wildcats' strength and agility training methods are starting to show up.
- Buckeyes lineman Marcus Hall has slimmed down and needs a belt now. Taylor Decker is the final piece of the Ohio State offensive line puzzle.
- Penn State commit Jared Wangler is still considering Michigan. A look at five Nittany Lions who have to stay healthy this year. There are no guarantees in the PSU quarterback race.
- Purdue receiver Danny Anthrop missed the spring but has emerged as one of the team's top receiving options. The Boilers' defense seems to have the upper hand early. Some more Purdue practice notes.
- Wisconsin tight end Brock DeCicco has played for seven head coaches in his career. Derek Watt added 15 pounds and hopes to be a better blocker at fullback. Some more Badgers practice observations.
- CBSSports.com makes its 2013 Big Ten predictions. Jim Delany talks about pay for play and and the use of players' likenesses.