Michigan Wolverines: Dolapo Macarthy
Who else is ready to head to Natal?
- Michigan State athletic director Mark Hollis addresses the logistics of scheduling in the new era of college football, and he also is mindful of limiting the number of games at night.
- Meanwhile at Michigan, Dave Brandon said there have been no talks with Notre Dame about putting them on the schedule after the series comes to a close this fall.
- James Franklin's recruiting pitch at Penn State isn't limited to potential athletes, and he's not leaving any stone unturned to drum up support for his program.
- The new turf is down and the numbers and lettering were being installed on Thursday, but there's still work to be done at the Horseshoe before Ohio State opens it up in September.
- Rutgers coach Kyle Flood publicly addressed the Philip Nelson situation, calling it "tragic" and sending out prayers for the victim.
- Now on his third position with Purdue, Dolapo Macarthy has found a comfortable spot at tight end and appears to figure significantly in Darrell Hazell's plans this fall.
- Kirk Ferentz will keep on selling the NFL to Iowa recruits, and with only Ohio State having more players drafted in the Big Ten this decade, that's a good idea.
- Minnesota coach Jerry Kill announced a partnership with the Epilepsy Foundation, starting the fundraising with a $100,000 donation of his own.
- Ohio voters oppose allowing college athletes to form a union and also aren't in favor of paying them.
It's a terrible love, and I'm walking with spiders.
- Loren Tate looks at why Illinois football has struggled over the years. Aaron Bailey is not deterred by the arrival of Wes Lunt. Ten camp questions for the Illini.
- Linebackers are looking to step up for Indiana (subscription required). Kevin Wilson took his team on a paintball outing.
- Quarterback and receiver remain question marks as Iowa prepares to enter camp. A departing Hawkeye receiver was charged with driving while intoxicated.
- Five things to watch at Michigan's camp. The Wolverines should have plenty of position battles. Michigan has comfort in Brady Hoke's third year, and yet also a lot to prove.
- Curtis Blackwell talks about being the new Michigan State recruiting director. Offseason improvements have given the Spartans an edge. Mark Dantonio is mum on possible injuries.
- Minnesota running back Donnell Kirkwood is aiming for a major breakout year. Chris Streveler is no lock to win the Gophers No. 3 quarterback job. Improved athleticism is showing early in Minnesota practices.
- Can Nebraska's young defenders deal with the scrutiny that surrounds them? The Huskers are hoping to set off a scoring explosion similar to the 1983 Big Red machine. Bo Pelini's defense can succeed if he can solidify things up the gut.
- Kain Colter has opinions and gives Northwestern lots of options. The Wildcats are taking some corrective measures with their pass defense.
- Ohio State opened preseason practice on Sunday. Braxton Miller should have a lot more help on offense this season. Miller must take control of the Buckeyes' passing game. Ohio State has to fight overconfidence and complacency.
- Who will win Penn State's quarterback battle? Five camp questions for the Nittany Lions. Some PSU position battles to watch.
- Revenue sharing is the lifeblood for athletic departments at Purdue and Indiana. Dolapo Macarthy looked good in Purdue's first practice, but other receivers need to step it up for the Boilers. Purdue's defensive backs aim to be the best in the Big Ten.
- Ten questions for Wisconsin this preseason. The Badgers' offensive line coach demands toughness and leadership. Jeff Lewis is adjusting to his switch from running back to safety.
Utah Gets Much-Needed Delayed Win
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Rutgers 31 Navy 24 Final Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48 Final San Jose State 7 Minnesota 24 Final Texas State 35 Illinois 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41