Michigan Wolverines: Dolapo Macarthy
Who else is ready to head to Natal?
- Michigan State athletic director Mark Hollis addresses the logistics of scheduling in the new era of college football, and he also is mindful of limiting the number of games at night.
- Meanwhile at Michigan, Dave Brandon said there have been no talks with Notre Dame about putting them on the schedule after the series comes to a close this fall.
- James Franklin's recruiting pitch at Penn State isn't limited to potential athletes, and he's not leaving any stone unturned to drum up support for his program.
- The new turf is down and the numbers and lettering were being installed on Thursday, but there's still work to be done at the Horseshoe before Ohio State opens it up in September.
- Rutgers coach Kyle Flood publicly addressed the Philip Nelson situation, calling it "tragic" and sending out prayers for the victim.
- Now on his third position with Purdue, Dolapo Macarthy has found a comfortable spot at tight end and appears to figure significantly in Darrell Hazell's plans this fall.
- Kirk Ferentz will keep on selling the NFL to Iowa recruits, and with only Ohio State having more players drafted in the Big Ten this decade, that's a good idea.
- Minnesota coach Jerry Kill announced a partnership with the Epilepsy Foundation, starting the fundraising with a $100,000 donation of his own.
- Ohio voters oppose allowing college athletes to form a union and also aren't in favor of paying them.
It's a terrible love, and I'm walking with spiders.
- Loren Tate looks at why Illinois football has struggled over the years. Aaron Bailey is not deterred by the arrival of Wes Lunt. Ten camp questions for the Illini.
- Linebackers are looking to step up for Indiana (subscription required). Kevin Wilson took his team on a paintball outing.
- Quarterback and receiver remain question marks as Iowa prepares to enter camp. A departing Hawkeye receiver was charged with driving while intoxicated.
- Five things to watch at Michigan's camp. The Wolverines should have plenty of position battles. Michigan has comfort in Brady Hoke's third year, and yet also a lot to prove.
- Curtis Blackwell talks about being the new Michigan State recruiting director. Offseason improvements have given the Spartans an edge. Mark Dantonio is mum on possible injuries.
- Minnesota running back Donnell Kirkwood is aiming for a major breakout year. Chris Streveler is no lock to win the Gophers No. 3 quarterback job. Improved athleticism is showing early in Minnesota practices.
- Can Nebraska's young defenders deal with the scrutiny that surrounds them? The Huskers are hoping to set off a scoring explosion similar to the 1983 Big Red machine. Bo Pelini's defense can succeed if he can solidify things up the gut.
- Kain Colter has opinions and gives Northwestern lots of options. The Wildcats are taking some corrective measures with their pass defense.
- Ohio State opened preseason practice on Sunday. Braxton Miller should have a lot more help on offense this season. Miller must take control of the Buckeyes' passing game. Ohio State has to fight overconfidence and complacency.
- Who will win Penn State's quarterback battle? Five camp questions for the Nittany Lions. Some PSU position battles to watch.
- Revenue sharing is the lifeblood for athletic departments at Purdue and Indiana. Dolapo Macarthy looked good in Purdue's first practice, but other receivers need to step it up for the Boilers. Purdue's defensive backs aim to be the best in the Big Ten.
- Ten questions for Wisconsin this preseason. The Badgers' offensive line coach demands toughness and leadership. Jeff Lewis is adjusting to his switch from running back to safety.
Harbaugh Torn Between NFL, Michigan Job
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
3:20 1st Qtr Cincinnati 7 Virginia Tech 7 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
Final Marshall 52 Northern Illinois 23 Final Navy 17 San Diego State 16
Final Central Michigan 48 Western Kentucky 49 Final Fresno State 6 Rice 30
Final Illinois 18 Louisiana Tech 35 Final Rutgers 40 North Carolina 21 Final North Carolina State 34 UCF 27
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State