Quick Hits: John Beilein and Doc Sadler
February, 6, 2012
By Chantel Jennings | ESPN Insider
Michigan coach John Beilein and Nebraska coach Doc Sadler called in to the Big Ten teleconference on Monday. Here are some of the points they touched on in bullet-point form.
- ON IN-CONFERENCE BYE WEEKS: The Wolverines will have a bye week after their matchup with Illinois on Sunday. Beilein has voiced his unhappiness with bye weeks before. "I don’t know if we should have any byes now that we have 12 teams," Beilein said. "Let's just play every Wednesday, Saturday or whatever it is." He said he doesn't like clusters when the team plays every three days, for a few weeks, but he also said he thinks the conference shouldn’t start until January. This season the Wolverines' Big Ten play started Dec. 29.
- ON THE LAST SIX GAMES: The Wolverines went 3-3 while playing four games away from Crisler Arena. Two of their wins were against ranked opponents and two of their losses came against ranked opponents. "It could've been better, but it could've been worse too," Beilein said. "We were very fortunate to win some away games. The challenge as they come up, winning on the road in this league with anybody, let alone the top teams in this league is very difficult."
WOLVERINENATION RECRUITING NEWS
MICHIGAN FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Chantel Jennings retweeted
- Big Ten Network retweeted
- Denard Robinson retweeted
2014 Big Ten STANDINGS
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Rutgers 31 Navy 24 Final Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48 Final San Jose State 7 Minnesota 24 Final Texas State 35 Illinois 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41