Quick Hits: John Beilein and Doc Sadler
February, 6, 2012
By Chantel Jennings | ESPN Insider
Michigan coach John Beilein and Nebraska coach Doc Sadler called in to the Big Ten teleconference on Monday. Here are some of the points they touched on in bullet-point form.
- ON IN-CONFERENCE BYE WEEKS: The Wolverines will have a bye week after their matchup with Illinois on Sunday. Beilein has voiced his unhappiness with bye weeks before. "I don’t know if we should have any byes now that we have 12 teams," Beilein said. "Let's just play every Wednesday, Saturday or whatever it is." He said he doesn't like clusters when the team plays every three days, for a few weeks, but he also said he thinks the conference shouldn’t start until January. This season the Wolverines' Big Ten play started Dec. 29.
- ON THE LAST SIX GAMES: The Wolverines went 3-3 while playing four games away from Crisler Arena. Two of their wins were against ranked opponents and two of their losses came against ranked opponents. "It could've been better, but it could've been worse too," Beilein said. "We were very fortunate to win some away games. The challenge as they come up, winning on the road in this league with anybody, let alone the top teams in this league is very difficult."
WOLVERINENATION RECRUITING NEWS
MICHIGAN FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Jay Feely retweeted
- Chantel Jennings retweeted
- Big Ten Conference retweeted
- Big Ten Network retweeted
2014 Big Ten STANDINGS
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
TBD Southern Illinois Indiana TBD Illinois State Iowa TBD Richmond Maryland TBD BYU Nebraska TBD Norfolk State Rutgers TBD Penn State Temple TBD Wisconsin Alabama TBD Stanford Northwestern