Big Ten lunch links
June, 13, 2014
By Josh Moyer | ESPN.com
Tyrion will be OK ... right? Right?!
- Former LSU quarterback Hayden Rettig is transferring to Rutgers because he wants "to be somewhere I'm needed, not just wanted."
- Ohio State teamed up to send an inspirational video to a 4-year-old boy with leukemia. Troy Smith, Ohio State's 2006 Heisman winner, also headlines the Buckeyes' 13-member Hall of Fame class.
- Badgers coach Gary Andersen wants to lure away Minnesota's top high school recruits by helping with a camp in western Wisconsin sometime next year.
- Michigan State's Mark Dantonio favors an early signing period -- but not too early.
- DB Jabrill Peppers, Michigan's five-star incoming freshman, says he's not trying to be the next Charles Woodson because the rookie knows he hasn't done anything yet. Michigan assistant Roy Manning has been taking part in the Bill Walsh NFL Minority Coaching Fellowship program this summer with the Chicago Bears.
- Forget about the transfer of Indiana QB Tre Roberson; tailback Tevin Coleman could help this team take a step forward with his big-play ability.
- James Franklin has taken a long journey -- through 18 job titles, three cars and eight states -- to arrive as Penn State football's head coach.
- In-state football recruiting has been pretty important to Iowa's 2015 class, as six of nine commits are from the Hawkeye State.
- Based on current StubHub prices, here are the 10 most expensive Big Ten games of the season.
- A look back at Nebraska's crazy 2010 summer, when it decided a move to the Big Ten was in its best interest.
WOLVERINENATION RECRUITING NEWS
MICHIGAN FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Big Ten Network retweeted
- Tim Sullivan retweeted
- Michigan Football retweeted
2014 Big Ten STANDINGS
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Penn State 14 Illinois 16 Final Indiana 27 6 Ohio State 42 Final 25 Minnesota 28 23 Nebraska 24 Final Northwestern 38 Purdue 14 Final Rutgers 3 11 Michigan State 45 Final 16 Wisconsin 26 Iowa 24 Final Maryland 23 Michigan 16