R.I.P., Captain Jason Jones. Thanks for your service.
- A new Big Ten museum will open Saturday in Rosemont, Ill.
- Phil Steele released his "Preseason All-Big Ten Team" and the conference is absolutely loaded at running back and defensive line.
- Rutgers and Maryland are finding the move to the B1G a bit easier since, as Rutgers AD Julie Hermann put it, "It's not fun to be the only kid on the block."
- BTN's Sean Merriman ranks the conference's top-10 position units, with Ohio State's defensive line at No. 1.
- Running back Ty Isaac, who recently transferred from USC to U-M, gives the Wolverines a dose of good news -- whether he plays right away or not.
- Doug Lesmerises continues a series on Ohio State's NCAA issues by speaking with former assistant Paul Haynes about the tattoo scandal.
- Penn State sophomore Christian Hackenberg might be a darkhorse for the Heisman.
- Michigan State DT Enoch Smith Jr., an incoming freshman, has an "undeniable hunger" to play the game.
- Rutgers freshman DE Sam Blue is taking yoga classes to improve his flexibility.
- Seth Wallace was hired as the Hawkeyes' new recruiting coordinator -- and he's well-versed in everything Iowa.
Gardner Feeling Comfortable With Offense
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Eastern Illinois 20 Minnesota 42 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38
Final Penn State 26 UCF 24 Final Youngstown State 17 Illinois 28 Final Indiana State 10 Indiana 28 Final Northern Iowa 23 Iowa 31 Final Appalachian State 14 Michigan 52 Final 5 Ohio State 34 Navy 17 Final Western Michigan 34 Purdue 43 Final Florida Atlantic 7 22 Nebraska 55 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final James Madison 7 Maryland 52 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28