Big Ten lunch links
- Wrapping up from Rosemont, the “cost of attendance” discussion remains alive.
- Good take by Andrew Logue on the complexities of Jim Delany.
- More Big Ten athletic directors weigh in on the eastward movement of the league. Just don't expect the football championship game to go the way of the basketball tourney.
- Iowa AD Gary Barta comments on the status of the Hawkeyes’ series with Iowa State.
- Illinois wants to make it clear: No alcohol sales at Memorial Stadium. But is Michigan heading in a different direction? Other athletic directors discuss the issue.
- Michigan State and Notre Dame would like to keep playing, but the format of the series will change.
- More details from the incident that that led to the arrest of former Minnesota and Rutgers QB Philip Nelson.
- Former Chicago prep star running back Ty Isaac is leaving USC. Next stop, the Big Ten?
- Solid results for Big Ten football programs in the NCAA’s new report for 2012-13 on academic progress rates, including a big jump for new member Maryland.
- Rare insight into the work of Mark Pantoni, the Ohio State director of player personnel, a job with a wide range of responsibilities.
- Tom Shatel remembers the football career of a former two-sport Nebraska star who continues to bring a grinder mentality to his alma mater.
- Ex-Nebraska QB Taylor Martinez fails a physical with the Eagles. Some insight into the alleged bike theft by Nebraska linebacker Josh Banderas.
- A Rutgers offensive line recruit brings plenty of intensity.
- Eugene Lewis looks like a worthy replacement for Allen Robinson at Penn State. James Franklin has watched “Moneyball” at least seven times. A new Nittany Lions logo arrives as part of a $10 million scoreboard replacement project.
- It’s a tradition at Michigan for its quarterback pledges join in the recruiting battle.
Maryland Terrapins, Michigan Wolverines, Big Ten Conference, Illinois Fighting Illini, Indiana Hoosiers, Iowa Hawkeyes, Minnesota Golden Gophers, Nebraska Cornhuskers, Northwestern Wildcats, Ohio State Buckeyes, Purdue Boilermakers, Wisconsin Badgers, Michigan State Spartans, Rutgers Scarlet Knights, Penn State, Jim Delany, Taylor Martinez, Gary Barta, Allen Robinson, Philip Nelson, Josh Banderas, James Franklin, Eugene Lewis, Mark Pantoni
WOLVERINENATION RECRUITING NEWS
MICHIGAN FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Tim Sullivan retweeted
2014 Big Ten STANDINGS
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Purdue Illinois 12:00 PM ET 20 Ohio State Maryland 2:30 PM ET North Texas Indiana 3:30 PM ET 17 Wisconsin Northwestern 7:00 PM ET Michigan Rutgers 8:00 PM ET 19 Nebraska 10 Michigan State