Big Ten's lunch links
April, 9, 2014
By Josh Moyer | ESPN.com
RIP, Princess Lacey.
- Maryland is planning a broad marketing campaign and several events to mark its transition to the Big Ten on July 1, including introducing a Big Ten-themed ice cream flavor.
- Iowa will boast as many as nine scholarship running backs this season, so Kirk Ferentz mentioned it's possible Mark Weisman might be moved to fullback.
- With just 10 scholarship seniors, this is the youngest team Brady Hoke has fielded at Michigan. But that can no longer be used as an excuse.
- A shoulder injury will keep Wisconsin QB Joel Stave out for the rest of spring practice, but he hopes to be ready in time for summer workouts.
- PennLive's Greg Pickel offered an overview of Penn State's pro day and compared numbers to the NFL combine.
- The Buckeyes are seeking to field a more aggressive secondary that'll be showcased in time for Saturday's spring game.
- Illinois coach Tim Beckman isn't yet sure when he'll name the starting quarterback, so the decision could drag into this summer.
- There's no debate about Michigan State's top quarterback right now, but the competition for No. 2 is wide open.
- Only one firm starter on the offensive line is practicing this spring for Nebraska, but offensive coordinator Tim Beck has been pleased with what he's seen from the fiery group.
- Rutgers DB Bryant Gross-Armiento and QB Blake Rankin both intend to transfer at the end of the semester.
WOLVERINENATION RECRUITING NEWS
MICHIGAN FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Tim Sullivan retweeted
2014 Big Ten STANDINGS
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final South Florida 10 19 Wisconsin 27 Final Tulane 6 Rutgers 31 Final Iowa 24 Purdue 10 Final Wyoming 14 9 Michigan State 56 Final Northwestern 29 Penn State 6 Final Maryland 37 Indiana 15 Final Minnesota 30 Michigan 14 Final Cincinnati 28 22 Ohio State 50 Final Illinois 14 21 Nebraska 45