Big Ten lunch links
February, 12, 2014
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
The Big Ten blog also secretly interviewed for the Browns job.
- Gary Andersen's interview with the Cleveland Browns is nothing for Wisconsin fans to be alarmed about, Tom Oates writes.
- Northwestern's unionizing push gets going today.
- Steve Spurrier calls out a Big Ten school for negative recruiting.
- Maryland coach Randy Edsall announces some personnel updates before spring practice.
- Rutgers paid a total of $1.5 million for five assistant coach changes this offseason.
- New Michigan offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier hasn't had a quarterback quite like Devin Gardner before.
- Purdue has a very good day, thanks to two players from the state of Kentucky.
- Audrey Snyder takes a closer look at where Penn State's scholarship players come from.
- Two of Ohio State's first three 2015 recruits come from the Sunshine State.
- Michigan State quarterback Connor Cook will take on an even bigger role -- and possibly Heisman expectations -- in 2014. MSU recruit Jayru Campbell faces a felony assault charge for attacking a school security officer.
- Nebraska's 2015 recruiting efforts are off to a strong start.
- Iowa's recruiting strategy is all about location, location, location.
- Illinois schedules a home-and-home series with Connecticut.
Gardner Feeling Comfortable With Offense
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Eastern Illinois 20 Minnesota 42 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38
Final Penn State 26 UCF 24 Final Youngstown State 17 Illinois 28 Final Indiana State 10 Indiana 28 Final Northern Iowa 23 Iowa 31 Final Appalachian State 14 Michigan 52 Final 5 Ohio State 34 Navy 17 Final Western Michigan 34 Purdue 43 Final Florida Atlantic 7 22 Nebraska 55 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final James Madison 7 Maryland 52 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28