Big Ten lunchtime links
January, 28, 2014
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
I'm here tonight to tell you the state of our union is ... cold.
- Stud defensive end Malik McDowll's final four list of schools includes Michigan State, Michigan and Ohio State, and the Buckeyes will be his final official visit. Jeff Heuerman broke the Ohio State tight end hex.
- Nebraska flipped a defensive end who'd been committed to Central Florida after a hush-hush visit to Lincoln.
- With Damien Harris out of the fold (for now), Michigan still has recruiting options at running back.
- Minnesota landed a coveted receiver and an offensive lineman on the recruiting front. Former Gophers quarterback Philip Nelson is interested in Rutgers and Kansas State as transfer destinations.
- James Franklin and his Penn State assistants are cleaning up on the recruiting trail. Franklin will attend tonight's State of the Union address.
- An offensive lineman committed to Iowa, but whether he'll grayshirt remains to be seen.
- New Indiana defensive coordinator Brian Knorr hopes an aggressive style will help fix the Hoosiers defense (subscription required).
- Wisconsin is a big part of Super Bowl media day.
Gardner Feeling Comfortable With Offense
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Eastern Illinois 20 Minnesota 42 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38
Final Penn State 26 UCF 24 Final Youngstown State 17 Illinois 28 Final Indiana State 10 Indiana 28 Final Northern Iowa 23 Iowa 31 Final Appalachian State 14 Michigan 52 Final 5 Ohio State 34 Navy 17 Final Western Michigan 34 Purdue 43 Final Florida Atlantic 7 22 Nebraska 55 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final James Madison 7 Maryland 52 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28