December, 24, 2013
By Chantel Jennings | ESPN.com
You don't know tough until your grandma makes you carry groceries up the driveway in minus-17 degree weather. Without gloves.
- Stanford and Michigan State playing in the 100th Rose Bowl gives it a throwback feel. Also, MSU center Jack Allen will join his grandfather as Rose Bowl participants.
- The Buckeyes welcome the extra practice time that comes with bowl games.
- Quick, crisp practices are a priority for Gary Andersen in keeping his Badgers fresh. Also, touchdowns from both teams in the Capital One Bowl will be raising money for the organization Uplifting Athletes.
- Kirk Ferentz says that LSU has the look of many pro football teams in how quick, fast and physical the Tigers are.
- Two Georgia defensive backs are suspended for the bowl game and here are all the predictions for the Taxslayer.com Gator Bowl so far (it's split fairly evenly between Nebraska and Georgia).
- Nick Baumgardner looks at five serious questions the Wolverines will answer in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl.
- On Monday, Syracuse beat Minnesota in the Rodeo Bowl, the Texas Bowl's kickoff event which featured the Orange and Gophers participating in low-key rodeo competitions.
- Though nothing is known for sure about Bill O'Brien at Penn State, some high-level coaches are having their people get in touch with Penn State.
- If you have time today and tomorrow and wish to see some of the best Big Ten matchups from this season, here's BTN's schedule for 10 games that will be re-aired.
- A Bleacher Report writer did a power ranking of all the Big Ten coaches based solely on their recruiting abilities.
Gardner Feeling Comfortable With Offense
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
9:00 PM ET 14 Wisconsin 13 LSU Final Penn State 26 UCF 24 Final Youngstown State 17 Illinois 28 Final Indiana State 10 Indiana 28 Final Northern Iowa 23 Iowa 31 Final Appalachian State 14 Michigan 52 Final 5 Ohio State 34 Navy 17 Final Western Michigan 34 Purdue 43 Final Florida Atlantic 7 22 Nebraska 55 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final James Madison 7 Maryland 52
Final Eastern Illinois 20 Minnesota 42 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38