Big Ten lunchtime links
December, 20, 2013
By Josh Moyer | ESPN.com
One light goes out, they all go out!
- CBS' Jeremy Fowler offered a behind-the-scenes look of the Big Ten's bowl selection, and as one official said, "It's all politics."
- Ohio State co-defensive coordinator Everett Withers could be close to becoming the next head coach at James Madison, The Columbus Dispatch reports.
- Michigan wideout Jeremy Gallon grew up in a town "surrounded by drug dealers, gangs and all negativity," but he overcame that and ended up becoming the Wolverines' team MVP this season.
- Michigan State's receiving corps received plenty of justified criticism before the season, but they've caught their way to redemption.
- Penn State has placed an increased emphasis on its nutrition program, which has aided greatly in DT DaQuan Jones dropping 25 pounds to increase his stamina and TE Garry Gilliam gaining 40 pounds to move to OT.
- Wisconsin redshirt freshman RB Vonte Jackson is trying to overcome three ACL injuries in a span of 22 months, but he's keeping the faith -- and hopes he'll be ready to contribute in time for spring ball.
- Two weeks off has done wonders for Nebraska after a long and tough season, Bo Pelini said.
- Few expected Minnesota's Drew Wolitarsky and Donovahn Jones to contribute this much this early, but the freshman duo has tapped into its potential pretty early.
- It's difficult to tell just how far off a winning season might be for Illinois, but at least it's well on its way to a winning offseason.
- Which Big Ten bowl features the best chance for an upset or the best quarterback battle? BTN's Tom Dienhart weighs in.
Michigan Investigated By Feds
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35