Big Ten lunchtime links
December, 20, 2013
By Josh Moyer | ESPN.com
One light goes out, they all go out!
- CBS' Jeremy Fowler offered a behind-the-scenes look of the Big Ten's bowl selection, and as one official said, "It's all politics."
- Ohio State co-defensive coordinator Everett Withers could be close to becoming the next head coach at James Madison, The Columbus Dispatch reports.
- Michigan wideout Jeremy Gallon grew up in a town "surrounded by drug dealers, gangs and all negativity," but he overcame that and ended up becoming the Wolverines' team MVP this season.
- Michigan State's receiving corps received plenty of justified criticism before the season, but they've caught their way to redemption.
- Penn State has placed an increased emphasis on its nutrition program, which has aided greatly in DT DaQuan Jones dropping 25 pounds to increase his stamina and TE Garry Gilliam gaining 40 pounds to move to OT.
- Wisconsin redshirt freshman RB Vonte Jackson is trying to overcome three ACL injuries in a span of 22 months, but he's keeping the faith -- and hopes he'll be ready to contribute in time for spring ball.
- Two weeks off has done wonders for Nebraska after a long and tough season, Bo Pelini said.
- Few expected Minnesota's Drew Wolitarsky and Donovahn Jones to contribute this much this early, but the freshman duo has tapped into its potential pretty early.
- It's difficult to tell just how far off a winning season might be for Illinois, but at least it's well on its way to a winning offseason.
- Which Big Ten bowl features the best chance for an upset or the best quarterback battle? BTN's Tom Dienhart weighs in.
WOLVERINENATION RECRUITING NEWS
MICHIGAN FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Jay Feely retweeted
- Big Ten Conference retweeted
2014 Big Ten STANDINGS
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Illinois Northwestern 12:00 PM ET Purdue Indiana 12:00 PM ET Michigan 6 Ohio State 3:30 PM ET 10 Michigan State Penn State 3:30 PM ET 18 Minnesota 14 Wisconsin 3:30 PM ET Rutgers Maryland