Big Ten lunch links
December, 2, 2013
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Is the regular season really over? Flew by. Championship week is here, folks, but first some linkage for you.
- Ohio State is in good shape to play for a crystal football if it can beat Michigan State in Indy.
- Michigan State hasn't played on a stage as big as the Big Ten championship since 1966, Joe Rexrode writes.
- Wisconsin learned a hard lesson Saturday, and it cost the Badgers a potential BCS bowl appearance.
- The statement Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst issued supporting Bo Pelini isn't enough, Steven M. Sipple writes. You can take the statement at face value, but questions remain, Tom Shatel writes.
- Penn State took offense to its major-underdog status at Wisconsin and took out its anger on the Badgers.
- After an improved 2013 season, Iowa will have the spotlight again in 2014, Andrew Logue writes.
- Nick Baumgardner outlines Michigan's identity three years into the Brady Hoke era (scrappy team, but not good enough).
- Despite a down year, the Big Ten boasts plenty of storylines, Herb Gould writes.
- Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald vows that his team "will be back" next fall after ending a disappointing season with a win.
- Illinois' season ends with frustration, Mark Tupper writes.
- Changes are coming to Indiana, but what they are remains a mystery, Pete DiPrimio writes.
- A bowl win is the next goal for Minnesota following an 8-4 regular season.
- Quarterback Danny Etling urges Purdue fans to keep the faith.
Gardner Feeling Comfortable With Offense
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Eastern Illinois 20 Minnesota 42 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38
Final Penn State 26 UCF 24 Final Youngstown State 17 Illinois 28 Final Indiana State 10 Indiana 28 Final Northern Iowa 23 Iowa 31 Final Appalachian State 14 Michigan 52 Final 5 Ohio State 34 Navy 17 Final Western Michigan 34 Purdue 43 Final Florida Atlantic 7 22 Nebraska 55 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final James Madison 7 Maryland 52 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28