Big Ten's lunch links
November, 14, 2013
By Austin Ward | ESPN.com
Might be a good idea for Jordan Lynch to shop for flights to New York.
- Connor Cook used the time during the bye week to watch extra film on Nebraska ahead of Michigan State's huge showdown on Saturday. It's a different approach than he used during the first off date this season.
- The traditional option returns as a featured part of the Nebraska offense, much to the delight of at least one former quarterback who enjoyed plenty of success with that offensive style.
- Michigan may have plenty of problems with its toothless rushing attack, but Brady Hoke isn't planning any changes to the top of the depth chart at tailback.
- Ohio State linebacker Ryan Shazier loves to show off his speed, but the coaching staff has kept him from measuring it in races against his teammates.
- What will it take for Penn State to consider this season a success? The Nittany Lions address what's ahead of them in the next three games.
- The linebacker responsibilities suit Collin Link better in Purdue's "Jack" position, but he's picking up the defensive end duties quickly as well in the hybrid role.
- November was a brutal month a year ago for Iowa. This season, it has a chance to make it much more memorable and potentially improve its postseason destination after missing out on a bowl completely in 2012.
- Chris Gill could easily be in law school right now. Instead, the transfer offensive lineman is living out his dream of playing for Wisconsin.
- Indiana athletic director Fred Glass chats about the importance of beating Illinois last week, victory fireworks and flying a winning flag.
- The Northwestern offense is most effective when it is balanced, and finding a way to blend the run and the pass will be critical if it's going to knock off Michigan to break through in the Big Ten.
Gardner Feeling Comfortable With Offense
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Penn State 26 UCF 24 Final Youngstown State 17 Illinois 28 Final Indiana State 10 Indiana 28 Final Northern Iowa 23 Iowa 31 Final Appalachian State 14 Michigan 52 Final 5 Ohio State 34 Navy 17 Final Western Michigan 34 Purdue 43 Final Florida Atlantic 7 22 Nebraska 55 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final James Madison 7 Maryland 52 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28
Final Eastern Illinois 20 Minnesota 42 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38