Big Ten lunchtime links
November, 8, 2013
By Josh Moyer | ESPN.com
I can't get that "Light 'Em Up" song out of my head ... and I hate myself for it.
- Wisconsin's red-zone defense has been clutch this season, allowing just eight TDs on 21 chances, and opposing offenses are still trying to figure out how to crack Dave Aranda's scheme.
- Even Badgers freshman Nate Hammon didn't expect to play so much so soon, but the safety -- who many fans questioned as a recruit -- is making the most out of the opportunity.
- Brady Hoke's consistency has allowed his team to bounce back from tough losses before, as Michigan has not lost consecutive regular-season games under Hoke.
- Nebraska coach Bo Pelini and the staff are still fighting for their jobs and, Lincoln (Neb.) Journal Star's Steven M. Sipple writes, that pressure is bound to trickle down to the players.
- Penn State's Anthony Zettel has a poem tattooed on the inside of his arm and he's quite the dancer, but he's made quite the reputation on the defensive line, where 30 percent of his stops have come behind the line of scrimmage.
- The Gophers' family tradition is a big part of life for redshirt freshman Maxx Williams, and he's making his father (a former Gopher himself) proud of his performance.
- Are some Iowa fans too spoiled? The Des Moines Register's Andrew Logue tackles that and asks whether some of the Hawkeyes' down seasons are just a result of parity.
- The Hoosiers are tired of hearing how they're the Big Ten's worst defense -- and they're anxious to prove otherwise.
- Illinois hasn't won a Big Ten game since Oct. 8, 2011, when it defeated Indiana, and the Illini are hoping to finally end that streak Saturday.
- Michigan State is stronger and tougher than ever before -- thanks to recruiting, the strength coach and much, much more -- and the Spartans are only getting started, writes the Detroit Free Press' Jeff Seidel.
Pick-Six Preview: Michigan
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
7:00 PM ET Eastern Illinois Minnesota 10:00 PM ET Rutgers Washington State
8:30 AM ET Penn State UCF 12:00 PM ET Youngstown State Illinois 12:00 PM ET Indiana State Indiana 12:00 PM ET Northern Iowa Iowa 12:00 PM ET Appalachian State Michigan 12:00 PM ET 5 Ohio State Navy 12:00 PM ET Western Michigan Purdue 3:30 PM ET James Madison Maryland 3:30 PM ET Florida Atlantic 22 Nebraska 3:30 PM ET California Northwestern 9:00 PM ET 14 Wisconsin 13 LSU