Big Ten lunchtime links
October, 11, 2013
By Josh Moyer | ESPN.com
Bow ties are cool.
- Wisconsin defensive coordinator Dave Aranda noticed some big differences when he took a look at the Badgers' defensive stats in wins vs. stats in their losses. Wisconsin TE Sam Arneson is still learning his job, but he's also showing a lot of promise.
- There's plenty of praise to go around when trying to figure out just how Northwestern manages to have two quarterbacks who rank first and third in conference pass efficiency.
- Michigan State is preparing to host its 500th game at Spartan Stadium on Saturday. Past players took a look back at the stadium and how it ha's evolved.
- Michigan's pass defense has fared pretty well so far this season but, Bob Flounders writes, it hasn't gone against a wide receiver quite like Penn State's Allen Robinson. Here are five keys for the Wolverines as they get ready to enter a sold-out Beaver Stadium on the road.
- Penn State safeties coach Anthony Midget lives by a personal philosophy that he tries to pass on to his players -- "Forget it, drive on."
- If there's one likelihood at Purdue's Ross-Ade Stadium this weekend, it's that Nebraska fans will be there in full force.
- Nebraska DE Randy Gregory grew up near Purdue's campus and, at one point, was committed to the Boilermakers. Now, he's looking to give headaches to the team from his home state.
- The Buckeyes are using the bye week to tweak the offense, such as designing more plays to get the ball to receivers on the run and increasing Dontre Wilson's workload.
WOLVERINENATION RECRUITING NEWS
MICHIGAN FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Jay Feely retweeted
- Chantel Jennings retweeted
- Big Ten Conference retweeted
- Big Ten Network retweeted
2014 Big Ten STANDINGS
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
TBD Southern Illinois Indiana TBD Illinois State Iowa TBD Richmond Maryland TBD BYU Nebraska TBD Norfolk State Rutgers TBD Penn State Temple TBD Wisconsin Alabama TBD Stanford Northwestern