Big Ten lunchtime links
September, 24, 2013
By Chantel Jennings | ESPN.com
This morning on Pandora, CCR's "Who'll Stop the Rain?" was followed up with the Beatles' "Here Comes the Sun." Well, I guess we got that answered, at least. A: The sun.
- What should Ohio State do with the return of Braxton Miller? USA Today takes a look. Miller's teammates say he's ready to play this weekend. Wisconsin coach Gary Andersen says the game with OSU is just another game. Doug Lesmerises writes a letter to former Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema. The Ohio State marching band performed with the Ohio State School for the Blind on Saturday.
- Northwestern adds Northern Illinois to its 2014 schedule. Tickets in the secondary market to the Oct. 5 matchup between NU and OSU are one of the highest-piced ever for Northwestern football.
- Wisconsin LB Chris Borland is excited to play in his home state of Ohio. The Badgers offense got back on track in its victory over Purdue. The referees who botched the Wisconsin-ASU game were in Provo for the Utah-BYU game on Saturday and they didn't get a warm welcome. If you didn't see this surprise military homecoming from Saturday's Wisconsin game, check it out here.
- With Emmy inspiration, Angelique Chengelis looks at how Michigan can be inspired by different TV shows during this bye week. After all the preseason hype, Michigan DE Frank Clark finally shows up against UConn. Linebacker Desmond Morgan made a Woodson-esque INT, and other notes.
- Nebraska sophomore David Santos' name has re-emerged in the LB discussion. With Taylor Martinez on the sideline, fans got a look at the Nebraska offense of the future. The big victory takes some heat off Bo Pelini ... for now. A behind-the-scenes video of the four Cornhuskers who were inducted into the Nebraska Football Hall of Fame.
- Minnesota sophomore wide receiver KJ Maye emerges as an offensive threat. Mitch Leidner was named Big Ten Freshman of the Week.
- Five tough questions and answers for MSU football. Shawn Windsor says Mark Dantonio should've been bold Saturday with Cook, instead of conservative with Maxwell. Mike Griffith looks at some positives for Michigan State football.
- Penn State running backs are chipping in on pass protection duties. Sweet Caroline is back in Beaver Stadium (with video).
- Three Iowa walk-ons face "disorderly house charges" after attending a party following the Hawkeyes' win Saturday. A Q&A with former Iowa defensive tackle Jared Clauss.
- Illinois has plenty of tricks up its sleeve heading into Big Ten play. Video of Tim Beckman's Monday news conference. Video of Nathan Scheelhaase speaking with the media. Video of offensive coordinator Bill Cubit speaking with the media on Monday.
- Indiana enters its bye week in a "must-win mode," writes Pete DiPrimio.
- Purdue will focus on blocking and tackling this week. What is still unknown about the Boilermakers.