We are here to do a job, not channel Scrooge McDuck.
- A scary incident in 2010 changed Gary Andersen's life. The Wisconsin secondary has made some gains this preseason. Massive Badgers tackle Rob Havenstein is down to 327 pounds and finding out that less is more. There has been no movement on the UW depth chart at receiver.
- Rob Henry was the smart choice at quarterback for Purdue. Boilers receiver Danny Anthrop is out six to eight weeks with a likely MCL injury. Purdue has discovered some depth at receiver.
- Penn State coach Bill O'Brien is building a BCS team with an FCS-sized roster, Mike Poorman writes. O'Brien's call on a starting quarterback could get overanalyzed. Is this the most stacked receiving unit in Nittany Lions history?
- Doug Lesmerises breaks down all the options in the Ohio State offense. Noah Spence is trying to become a leader for the Buckeyes' defensive line. Urban Meyer is following the blueprint he started at Bowling Green.
- Chris Dufresne ranks Northwestern No. 10 to start the year. The Wildcats are looking to build waves of defensive linemen.
- Nebraska's young running backs are paying attention to their elders. The stars are aligned for a career rise by Tim Beck. Bo Pelini sees improved depth on the Huskers. There's youth and a lot of opportunity at tight end for Nebraska.
- Minnesota suspended receiver Andre McDonald for the rest of preseason practice. The Gophers are looking for a big win to build on this year.
- The rise of Tyler O'Connor and Damion Terry means Michigan State's quarterback race is really crowded now. Dave Warner and Jim Bollman look to revive the Spartans' offense. Aaron Burbridge is becoming more of a student of the game.
- Michigan's Jake Ryan doesn't even seem injured to his position coach. The Wolverines are hoping for two first-string-worthy units in the front seven. Derrick Green is making a spirited run at a starting job. But Fitz Toussaint ran "awfully well" in a scrimmage over the weekend.
- Mike Hlas ranks Michigan as Iowa's top opponent this year. The Hawkeyes' secondary could have strength in numbers. Former Iowa players say their sons on the team have it easy.
- Kevin Wilson has learned how to juggle the roles of CEO and football guy at Indiana. Strength and conditioning has been the foundation for the Hoosiers (subscription required).
- Illinois seeks some much-needed continuity. Tim Beckman is among some Year 2 coaches looking for better things.
Michigan Investigated By Feds
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35