We are here to do a job, not channel Scrooge McDuck.
- A scary incident in 2010 changed Gary Andersen's life. The Wisconsin secondary has made some gains this preseason. Massive Badgers tackle Rob Havenstein is down to 327 pounds and finding out that less is more. There has been no movement on the UW depth chart at receiver.
- Rob Henry was the smart choice at quarterback for Purdue. Boilers receiver Danny Anthrop is out six to eight weeks with a likely MCL injury. Purdue has discovered some depth at receiver.
- Penn State coach Bill O'Brien is building a BCS team with an FCS-sized roster, Mike Poorman writes. O'Brien's call on a starting quarterback could get overanalyzed. Is this the most stacked receiving unit in Nittany Lions history?
- Doug Lesmerises breaks down all the options in the Ohio State offense. Noah Spence is trying to become a leader for the Buckeyes' defensive line. Urban Meyer is following the blueprint he started at Bowling Green.
- Chris Dufresne ranks Northwestern No. 10 to start the year. The Wildcats are looking to build waves of defensive linemen.
- Nebraska's young running backs are paying attention to their elders. The stars are aligned for a career rise by Tim Beck. Bo Pelini sees improved depth on the Huskers. There's youth and a lot of opportunity at tight end for Nebraska.
- Minnesota suspended receiver Andre McDonald for the rest of preseason practice. The Gophers are looking for a big win to build on this year.
- The rise of Tyler O'Connor and Damion Terry means Michigan State's quarterback race is really crowded now. Dave Warner and Jim Bollman look to revive the Spartans' offense. Aaron Burbridge is becoming more of a student of the game.
- Michigan's Jake Ryan doesn't even seem injured to his position coach. The Wolverines are hoping for two first-string-worthy units in the front seven. Derrick Green is making a spirited run at a starting job. But Fitz Toussaint ran "awfully well" in a scrimmage over the weekend.
- Mike Hlas ranks Michigan as Iowa's top opponent this year. The Hawkeyes' secondary could have strength in numbers. Former Iowa players say their sons on the team have it easy.
- Kevin Wilson has learned how to juggle the roles of CEO and football guy at Indiana. Strength and conditioning has been the foundation for the Hoosiers (subscription required).
- Illinois seeks some much-needed continuity. Tim Beckman is among some Year 2 coaches looking for better things.
Michigan Outlook: 2014
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
TBD California Northwestern TBD Indiana State Indiana TBD Jacksonville State Michigan State TBD Appalachian State Michigan TBD Florida Atlantic Nebraska TBD Youngstown State Illinois TBD Northern Iowa Iowa TBD Ohio State Navy TBD Western Michigan Purdue 8:30 AM ET Penn State UCF 9:00 PM ET LSU Wisconsin