Big Ten lunch links
August, 13, 2013
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
"College Football Live" and its Summer Tour stops in Columbus today. Joe Tessitore and Brian Griese will be at Ohio State checking in on Urban Meyer, Braxton Miller and Co. Catch them throughout the day on "SportsCenter" and on CFB Live at 5 p.m. ET on ESPN2.
To the links ...
To the links ...
- Opinions differ a bit on which Wisconsin quarterback -- Joel Stave or Curt Phillips -- performed better in Monday's scrimmage. Badgers LB Ethan Armstrong expects to be ready for the season opener. Check out Episode 2 of "The Camp."
- Ohio State's Meyer is dead set on dominating the Big Ten and catching the SEC, Pat Forde writes. Dontre Wilson continues to be the talk of Buckeyes' camp. Keep an eye on Ezekiel Elliott in Ohio State's running back competition. Who says punters aren't strong?
- Michigan State DT Mark Scarpinato makes a move for a starting job. The same goes for TE Andrew Gleichert. Don't count out Tyler O'Connor in MSU's quarterback competition. The Spartans sport 'staches as a tribute to strength coach Ken Mannie.
- Allen Robinson leads the way for Penn State's receiving corps. The Champaign Room previews Penn State.
- LB recruit Jared Wangler explains why he picked Michigan over Penn State. Wolverines DT Ondre Pipkins is in shape and ready to take the next step. The bar has been raised for Michigan WR Jeremy Gallon.
- Jason Ankrah sets the tone for Nebraska's young defensive ends. Nebraska's offensive line tries to upgrade its pass protection after surrendering 35 sacks in 2012. Dirk Chatelain ranks the Huskers' games from toughest to easiest.
- Minnesota's wide receivers might lack big numbers, but they boast plenty of confidence.
- Cameron Dickerson brings the swagger to Northwestern's receiving corps. Jimmy Hall could play the "Cat" position (nickel safety) for the Wildcats.
- Illinois RBs Donovonn Young and Josh Ferguson took center stage at Monday's scrimmage. The Illini defensive line makes progress in camp.
- Two childhood friends from Ohio (Ray Hamilton and Aaron White) ended up playing football and basketball for Iowa. Mike Hlas isn't too jazzed about this year's Iowa-Ohio State matchup.
- Purdue TE Gabe Holmes knows time is running out to make a breakthrough. Boilers coach Darrell Hazell and several players weigh in on Day 10 of camp. Hazell keeps the pedal down in practice.
- Kevin Wilson needs the Ws to start coming in Year 3, Andy Graham writes (subscription required). Interviews and highlights from the Hoosiers' Monday workout.
- Athlon looks at critical games and key stretches in the Big Ten this season. See where the CBSsports.com experts have Big Ten teams in their preseason Top 25s.
Maryland Rallies Past Michigan
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Penn State 14 Illinois 16 Final Indiana 27 6 Ohio State 42 Final 25 Minnesota 28 23 Nebraska 24 Final Northwestern 38 Purdue 14 Final Rutgers 3 11 Michigan State 45 Final 16 Wisconsin 26 Iowa 24 Final Maryland 23 Michigan 16