LSU Tigers: Jackie Sherrill
- The speed Alabama uses on special teams has helped its kickoff and punt coverage units play better this season.
- Now that they have seen some SEC action, Auburn freshman receivers Marcus Davis and Tony Stevens could play bigger on-field roles moving forward.
- Georgia got a huge defensive stop late to help secure a win over LSU. But if the Bulldogs have national title hopes, their defense can't allow as many points as it did Saturday.
- Texas A&M's defense struggled against Arkansas, but it continued to play hard every snap. And for that, Jackie Sherrill says it deserves credit.
- LSU coach Les Miles said the Tigers have to fix problems in their secondary that contributed to big pass plays allowed in the loss to Georgia.
- South Carolina's ability to close games has to get better and one player -- Jadeveon Clowney -- was making that point clear on the sidelines against Central Florida.
- Florida offensive coordinator Brent Pease took his quarterbacks on a nature walk in order to clear their minds during downtime leading up to the Gators' game against Kentucky.
- Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze is moving on from the Tyler Siskey controversy and will not ask the SEC to investigate the issue.
- Arkansas coach Bret Bielema said he saw a "feisty, aggressive, angry, competitive" spirit in quarterback Brandon Allen, who returned from a shoulder injury on Saturday against Texas A&M.
- Former Tennessee coach Phil Fulmer, who attended a Volunteers practice last week, said "it's going to take time" and that Butch Jones "has got lots of challenges" ahead of him in getting Tennessee back where it wants to be.
- Missouri has revenge on its mind against Vanderbilt, a team to which the Tigers lost 19-15 at home last season.
- Kentucky coach Mark Stoops would love to have a definitive answer at quarterback but feels it's "reckless" to name a starter right now just for the sake of naming one.
- James Franklin's name is a hot one being thrown around for the USC job, but the Vanderbilt coach deflected questions on the topic on Monday, saying he's focused on Missouri.
Florida Gators, LSU Tigers, Alabama Crimson Tide, Georgia Bulldogs, Arkansas Razorbacks, Auburn Tigers, Mississippi Rebels, South Carolina Gamecocks, Tennessee Volunteers, Vanderbilt Commodores, Ole Miss Rebels, Texas A&M Aggies, Kentucky Wildcats, Missouri Tigers, Les Miles, Hugh Freeze, James Franklin, Jadeveon Clowney, mark stoops, Brandon Allen, Bret Bielema, Tony Stevens, Butch Jones, Brent Pease, Jackie Sherrill, Marcus Davis, Phil Fulmer, Tyler Siskey