Thursday, October 31, 2013
SEC lunchtime links
By Greg Ostendorf
There’s no time for trick-or-treating in the SEC as teams have just two days left to prepare for Saturday’s slate of games. However, feel free to take a look around the league in Thursday’s Halloween edition of the lunch links.
- By his standards, Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley had an average game last Saturday, but his efforts during a pick six by teammate Landon Collins were symbolic of his season.
- Missouri’s loss to South Carolina was heartbreaking, but the Tigers are eager to move on and continue their special season.
- Auburn is tied for second in the SEC in sacks allowed, but the offensive line will have its hands full Saturday against Arkansas defensive ends Chris Smith and Trey Flowers.
- Sophomore linebacker Kwon Alexander has emerged as a star on LSU’s defense this season. He’ll be returning to his home state next weekend when the Tigers visit Tuscaloosa.
- South Carolina kicker Elliott Fry might not be big in stature, but he has made some big kicks for the Gamecocks this season.
- It’s hard to replace a guy like Jarvis Jones, now with the Pittsburgh Steelers, but Georgia has been able to use a number of players on defense to make up for his production.
- Florida’s defense had a letdown its last time out against Missouri, but it's determined to bounce back on Saturday against Georgia.
- Ole Miss wide receiver Ja-Mes Logan has moved on from his costly drop against Texas A&M earlier this month.
- Butch Jones knows Missouri quarterback Maty Mauk well. He tried to recruit him back when he was coaching at Cincinnati. On Saturday, the two will face off.
- It was a rocky first start for Vanderbilt quarterback Patton Robinette, but he’s hoping to use the off week to work on his pre-snap decisions before his next start at Florida.